Buying a JAV from Amazon Japan

craftspells

Aug 2, 2012
Hey everyone, I'm interested in buying a JAV from Amazon seeing as I can't find it anywhere on the internet. My one question is, being an 18 year old that lives at home, would the contents of my package be covered, in a sense that no one will know what it is unless they open it? It may vary depending on the seller but what has your experience been when buying JAVs or DVDs in general from Amazon?

Thanks

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I've never order something at Amazon Japan. But shouldn't it be shipped in the normal Amazon packaging? :puzzled:

Mar 28, 2008
Amazon always packages things they sell online that is handled by them in their typical packaging, which has the words Amazon on it(for the most part*.

It never comes in revealed packaging. So your parents wont see what it is.

But customs will.

Since it is 18+ material, it may need a signature upon delivery.

Its always nice to support your favorite Idol.

Mar 27, 2008
Last time I looked Amazon would not ship JAVs overseas.
(Search this forum for sites that do ship overseas)
If they did it would be via DHL, i.e. a regular DHL envelope.
The customs form would just say "DVD"

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
And this is where you find someone who may live in Japan and offer to pay them for their time and trouble of receiving and signing for your package, potentially re-packing it and bringing it to the post office to send out.

Mar 28, 2008
And this is where you find someone who may live in Japan and offer to pay them for their time and trouble of receiving and signing for your package, potentially re-packing it and bringing it to the post office to send out.
Its a good thing I have a Japanese bud for this and a good thing he knows english.

Though, its sound like your offering to do this for him auqa :tea:

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
from what i read or seen. if site like amazon they will not ship anything since some dvd players do not play dvd from around world do to region code. also they do not want to take risk of some being to you to buy too.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007

Jackdee

Aug 19, 2011
Amazon will ship DVDs rated for U-18s, but nothing 18+ I think.
Maybe because they can't verify the 18+ part.

sorry, but why would they sell 18+ dvds if they wont ship them, surely paying by credit card would be verification enough.

i checked the amazon web page and translated the overseas restrictions.
Web site.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200472920#intl-shipping-restrinctions

translation of main part.

Overseas shipping restrictions

In some countries, it may not be possible to deliver video product that has been produced in Japan (DVD, video) and the like, or a book of religious customs and at the discretion of the customs of destination. If that can not be delivered, please note the contact from this site, so we will cancel your order. In addition, except for the Adult Items Books, CD, DVD, you can deliver outside the country is VHS. No other products can be delivered outside of Japan.

Brituk87

Dec 24, 2012
If you don't mind buying digital go to R18.com. If you want a hard copy, jlist.com or eBay and ask the seller if they can get the DVD's you are after.