Browsing Your JAV - What's in YOUR hard drive?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I'm quite sure there are those out there that have some elaborate method for viewing their JAV catalogs on their PC. If I had the time I'd probably come up with something. I'm a programmer (albeit using aging languages) but after work I can't stand looking at code much.

I at least have a visual catalog going here recently. Nothing that can launch a title in my media player, but it gives me a sense of what I've been collecting. Anyone else have some set-up to browse or view your JAV? Perhaps a local web page or an application of some kind?

I once thought about creating a generic program to share, but it would have been Access Database or Excel driven (backend) and not everyone would have that.

So for now I have a manually updated HTML page with what I have. Below is just the Fitch section, but you get the drift. Share a shot of what you got! Maybe we can learn from or inspire each other. :study:

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
If I were to store files and or rips of my DVDs I'd be using iTunes to sort and view them. I know how much some of you are anti iTunes but I think it would do more than expected. I really see no need to code anything new, but if you can go for it.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
ITUNES!! Didn't even think about that. Really, I'm just after a way to give a basic visual representation of my library. I've found some pics of iTunes doing something similar. Although...I bet that has a lot to do with META DATA, no? Hmmm...there is a way to include that in the various video containers I'm sure.

I might give it a try. Thanks for the knock on the head! I appreciate it.

20081229-kth48c63yr2mye3mq361nkah26.jpg

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Unfortunately iTunes will only allow mp4 & m4v videos. Any mkv or avi that you have would need to be transcoded to mpg. That is one large drawback as transcoding is not recommended. But if you have isos and or physical discs you can create them if your CPU has the processing power and time to do so.

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
I save the movies into my external hard drive.

I put the movies in folders and name them the girl's name. I put them in alphabet order.

I then go through all of them in order and pick out one movie and copy it to my computer.

When I finish watching each one I ask myself "would I watch this again"? If not, I delete it from my external HD.

I can usually keep up with the new releases because I am extremely picky. I probably download on average only 5%-10% of all daily new releases.

:joker:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Yes, discovered that while researching it. Decisions Decisions...

Unfortunately iTunes will only allow mp4 & m4v videos. Any mkv or avi that you have would need to be transcoded to mpg. That is one large drawback as transcoding is not recommended. But if you have isos and or physical discs you can create them if your CPU has the processing power and time to do so.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Interesting system. I'm a bit of a visual animal, so I like seeing thumbnails of some sort. The advantage for me with an HTML file is I can see all the covers at once. Grouped together by publisher/label it looks really nice to see the different actresses in adjacent similar covers. :grassdance:

I save the movies into my external hard drive.

I put the movies in folders and name them the girl's name. I put them in alphabet order.

I then go through all of them in order and pick out one movie and copy it to my computer.

When I finish watching each one I ask myself "would I watch this again"? If not, I delete it from my external HD.

I can usually keep up with the new releases because I am extremely picky. I probably download on average only 5%-10% of all daily new releases.

:joker:

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I have no visual system. The only thing I have done is make a few directories based on the type of jav. I have a directory for OL, nurses/doctoer, schoolgirls/teachers, incest, pregnant, nakadashi...

That's all.

I do usually delete the movies I've watched and I'm way more choosy of what I download than I used to be, but I still get more new stuff than I can watch.

tortex

Dec 31, 2009
My "system" is a bit more manual... at the root level I have a folder for Actresses and then I have based on country of origin so I have folders for Japanese, American, Indian. Inside the Japanese folder I have sub-folders for each letter of the alphabet and then the movies are placed inside a folder based on movie title. For the American stuff it tends to be organized by the website.

So for a JAV example, say a movie like Wife F*cked In Front of Husband... I would go in my Japanese folder, into the "W" folder and create a folder labeled "Wife F*cked In Front of Husband (SOE-339) - Sora Aoi" and place the file, subtitles (if any), box cover .jpeg (if any) in that folder. Then I shortcut that folder and go into the Actresses folder, to A, to Aoi, Sora's folder and place the short cut to the JAV's folder in there.

All the movie files are named with the code like SOE-339.avi. In the case where it maybe something I don't want I'll name it like SOE-339 DELETE.avi and then later if I am running out of space a simple search for DELETE will highlight things I can get rid of.

Sometimes I'll put things like SOE-339 VLC.avi if only the VLC player works for that file.

The whole process is very manual to setup although when I index I usually have 3 windows open and it is pretty easy to bounce between then as necessary.

Then I can just use the Windows search feature to find things I am looking for.

In my movie folder I may have some special ones like English Subs and I put short cuts to JAV where I have the sub files.

Or in the Actress folder I have a special folder for the actresses I am most fond of.

And then I have some generic TO SORT and TO WATCH folders that I dump stuff in if I don't have time to index. With JDownLoader I can pull stuff down faster than I can watch all of it.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I must be in the minority, then. But...that's me. Just seems cool to have something similar (but very watered down) to things like you can see on dmm. It's my library, so it might as well look like one. :pandalaugh:

Regarding creating something that would generically build such an HTML page, it would necessarily have to follow a specific folder structure (since it is generic) so some would probably not find it useful since everyone has a different folder structure. But it could work.

Just thinking off the top of my head...at least it would have be something like:

<JAV folder>*
<JAV Category1 Folder>**
Title1.avi
Title1.jpg ***
Title2.mp4
Title2.jpg
Title3.mkv
Title3.jpg
<JAV Category2 Folder>
Title1.mp4
Title1.jpg
Title2.wmv
Title2.jpg
Title3.mkv
Title3.jpg
<JAV Category3 Folder>
Title1.wmv
Title1.jpg
Title2.wmv
Title2.jpg
Title3.wmv
Title3.jpg
* This folder could be anywhere on an HDD since the page will be built using relative paths. This folder would be considered the root and can be named anything.

** These folders can be any category/AV Actress Name and named anything.

*** Each title would need a thumbnail to match it with the same name as the DVD Code and would need to be in the same folder as the title. But they can't be too big otherwise the pages would be overwhelmed.

The generator that would create the page would be located in the root folder. Easiest thing would be one large (probably huge for larger collections) local HTML page with sections for each sub folder in the root. Also easiest with only one level of sub folders under the root.

I like typing out loud, gets my brain going. Guess I'll be coding after work after all because now I want to see how it would turn out. :perfectplan:

The example I have in the OP is being created manually. Cool thing about having a program/utility is that when you add or remove titles you just run it again to create an updated HTML library file. And you can have the same structures on multiple HDDs and have a library file for each one if you want.

I have no visual system. The only thing I have done is make a few directories based on the type of jav. I have a directory for OL, nurses/doctor, schoolgirls/teachers, incest, pregnant, nakadashi...

That's all.

I do usually delete the movies I've watched and I'm way more choosy of what I download than I used to be, but I still get more new stuff than I can watch.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Excellent! Looks like you have a great system that works for you.

My "system" is a bit more manual... at the root level I have a folder for Actresses and then I have based on country of origin so I have folders for Japanese, American, Indian. Inside the Japanese folder I have sub-folders for each letter of the alphabet and then the movies are placed inside a folder based on movie title. For the American stuff it tends to be organized by the website.

So for a JAV example, say a movie like Wife F*cked In Front of Husband... I would go in my Japanese folder, into the "W" folder and create a folder labeled "Wife F*cked In Front of Husband (SOE-339) - Sora Aoi" and place the file, subtitles (if any), box cover .jpeg (if any) in that folder. Then I shortcut that folder and go into the Actresses folder, to A, to Aoi, Sora's folder and place the short cut to the JAV's folder in there.

All the movie files are named with the code like SOE-339.avi. In the case where it maybe something I don't want I'll name it like SOE-339 DELETE.avi and then later if I am running out of space a simple search for DELETE will highlight things I can get rid of.

Sometimes I'll put things like SOE-339 VLC.avi if only the VLC player works for that file.

The whole process is very manual to setup although when I index I usually have 3 windows open and it is pretty easy to bounce between then as necessary.

Then I can just use the Windows search feature to find things I am looking for.

In my movie folder I may have some special ones like English Subs and I put short cuts to JAV where I have the sub files.

Or in the Actress folder I have a special folder for the actresses I am most fond of.

And then I have some generic TO SORT and TO WATCH folders that I dump stuff in if I don't have time to index. With JDownLoader I can pull stuff down faster than I can watch all of it.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Instead of Itunes, I decided to use XBMC to sort and play my JAV. It's especially good for it since it's entirely customizable so you can choose how everything is displayed or sorted and change it whenever you like. If you don't like the included defaults, nothing's stopping you from creating your own or tweaking an existing one.
I very recently started to also create info file to make it more complete.

For a couple of pictures(only 2 titles in those though since I was still testing): http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2321141&postcount=9

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Yeah, that looks nice. Real Nice. There was something similar available for the WDTV (first gen) after custom firmware updates, but that was for the TV and you had to create each movie sheet. Tried it for a while with regular movies, but it became a hassle. This I tried for regular movies as well.

It seems silly, I'm sure, but for my needs I'm going for something that looks as nice but way less featured as I'm merely after a visual representation of my library. Nothing to point and click and play. Actually, the first time I tried something like this it built HTML pages for each publisher and underneath each thumbnail of a title was the number of scenes (since I used to split titles into scenes) and when you clicked on the scene number it would launch it in MPC. For now I'm not interested in that but maybe later. Think I still have the code for that somewhere.

THANKS for the XBMC idea. That gives me some nice visual ideas. Cheers!
:study:

Instead of Itunes, I decided to use XBMC to sort and play my JAV. It's especially good for it since it's entirely customizable so you can choose how everything is displayed or sorted and change it whenever you like. If you don't like the included defaults, nothing's stopping you from creating your own or tweaking an existing one.
I very recently started to also create info file to make it more complete.

For a couple of pictures(only 2 titles in those though since I was still testing): http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2321141&postcount=9

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Okay, so I've had little time to work on this, but I have a basic idea of where I'm headed. Simple HTML page with labels at top in one table. Below will be the title covers. When you click a label you end up where that label's titles start (not ready to code it to create the labels in separate groups yet). When you click a cover you get the sheet with the full cover and small details. Those will definitely be manual to create but it will be worth it (I hope) once I finalize a design. Whatever works for me, right? :pandalaugh:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Thanks. Like some here I get and then watch when I can and THEN delete what I didn't like...eventually. Haha!

^^ that's nice:perfectplan:

It looks like you are more a collector than a watcher:pandalaugh:

billyboy12

Sep 30, 2011
I organize mine like this:
attachment.php

Nothing more than a folder.jpg inside a folder with the name of the video. The file itself is named in this manner:
<VIDEO NAME> ([ACTRESS NAME]) [<VIDEO SERIAL>]

I can't think of a better way of organizing them, but it would be nice if I only saw the folder.jpg image thumbnail and not the folder icon. I know it's possible to remove it, but it removes it for ALL of Windows, not just certain folders.