bring back the old layout in JAV download and torrent section plz!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
It's not yet possible to do with XenForo without getting quite into the code. On vBulletin we used vBAdvanced CMPS which had the feature you're describing.

The current CMS options either don't support it or do, but are so poorly designed they generate more queries than the entire rest of the system, and overload the servers.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

jpkyuu

Dec 16, 2012
XenForo sucks... it looks fresh but VBulletin boards are more comfortable for a site like akiba. Its not only the jav/torrent thing, the whole navigation of XenForo is bad.

hhkk22

Sep 25, 2007
I saw this request in other threads also...Please make it possible!
thank you for your consideration.

Kira2023

Nov 18, 2008
I agree I don't like the whole clicking on all the threads to see if I would like to dl the torrent or not

silksilk666

Jun 20, 2014
oh.I am not the only one with the same thought. The old version navigation is much better than the new one.

kiyoboinchan

Aug 4, 2008
The new look is completely cool and it must have been a huge effort to port everything over, but I agree about preferring the "new torrent" link that came with photos in the former layout. It was simple to use and made searching for new content very "one stop shopping". I find that now unless it's a title I know I want I just can't find the energy to dig around the site. Don't know what the answer is, but I thought to share my user perspective.

pleesio

Feb 2, 2013
agreed pics preview better than the text menu, without going to each thread. and more faster to scan to the threads
now the new layout show only title text! I haven't read the forum since the new layout!
please bring back the old layout title and picture preview please!

Yes i agree,i think they should use the old title Layout WITH PICTURE because it takes a lot of time to look wich posts you want to download.
I think if this new layout stays,im gonna look for other jav sites, and visit akiba not very frequent anymore,simply because it is not very user friendly.Akiba is a Great site,please keep it that way.

chieflittlehorse

Feb 15, 2011
Yes i agree,i think they should use the old title Layout WITH PICTURE because it takes a lot of time to look wich posts you want to download.
I think if this new layout stays,im gonna look for other jav
sites, and visit akiba not very frequent anymore,simply because it is not very user friendly.Akiba is a Great site,please keep it that way.

I agree. I don't like this new layout. I have to click to new tab just to see the cover and screenshots to see if I want to download or not. I like the old layout 100%! This new layout is too time consuming that I don't have time to preview post to download anymore. It's just a waste of my precious time.

BRING THE OLD LAYOUT BACK!

virtuaman

May 3, 2008
The new layout is actually cool, but maybe if you can bring up the thread summary like in the old ones that displayed with preview picture will be neat...
Nice improvement btw...

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
The problem was that vBulletin couldn't handle a few other things which are state-of-art nowadays (like UTF-8 support which is very important for an international Japan related forum).
And vBulletin isn't open source. A good example for the fact that closed source isn't always better than freeware / open source.

I guess chompy knows that you're waiting for this feature as so many others also requested it. And I also guess that he is already working on it. Be patient... :)