Best Video Game You've Played?

Sakuramania.Club

Apr 7, 2020
Empire: Total War - Creative Assembly

Flashback: The Quest for Identity - Delphine Software

Another World ( Outer World ) - Delphine Software

Reactions: pedro_life
Jul 31, 2016
Okay, so I'm old ;) and this post will reflect that fact.

The best games I have played? The first one that really enthralled me was a text adventure called Colossal Cave Adventure, or just Advent. This was way back in the early 1980's. Zero graphics, just monochrome text on a green-screen monitor. Graphics weren't much too speak of in these days anyway, except in arcades with games like Galaxian. Text adventures were generally very well written and in my imagination I could really see the cave and the landscapes described. Fond memories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

In the 8-bit era: Without a doubt, Elite on my C64. The first sandbox game, the ability to build a career over a long period of play, 3D graphics, there was nothing that could touch it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)

Along came 16-bit and I got an Atari STe. Two games come to mind: Armour-Geddon, a 3D game where you had to conquer a map using different planes, helicopters and tanks that you had to research and build first. Very immersive, that took me a long time to finish. Another great game from those days was Powermonger, a real-time strategy game, simple but very effective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour-Geddon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powermonger

The last game I really got into was Eve Online. I started playing that a few months after it was launched and it was an interesting experience to see one of the first MMO's grow. I was quite active for a few years but don't play actively anymore, it's too time-consuming if you want to achieve anything. I do still have my now 17 year old character and log in from time to time. Kudos to CCP for keeping a persistent game world active all that time, I still have stuff in my inventory from way back when.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Online

These days I really don't play games anymore, I am toying with the idea to get a nice setup for VR as that's another interesting development, but I'm not sure I want to spend 2000 or 3000 bucks for something that may bore me quickly. But who knows...

incertus

Jun 8, 2017
Fallout 2 - Classic.
Inside - great indie game.
Pillars of Eternity - the devs put a lot of love into this game.
I had played PoE in this Jan, the plot and narrative is great but the combat system a little sophisticated, a combination of Fallout: New Vegas and Baldur's gate, also the effects of equipments rather simple. anyway still a good CRPG.

TheOppaiAddict

Former User Of Scanlover
Aug 10, 2021
I wouldn't say it's the best game I've ever played but it's definitely a favorite of mine and the series I've dedicated the most time to. And that would be The Legend Of Zelda series. I've 100% long played The Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, A Link To The Past, Oracle Of Ages & Seasons, The Minish Cap and A Link Between Worlds.

Right now I'm currently working on Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity. Among all the other games I'm playing in my back catalog! Lol

zelda.jpg

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010

Rick1441

Dec 21, 2020
Silent hill, FFvii, Samurai Showdown, Rival schools, Kungfu chaos. Also, anyone playing Demeo on the oculus quest? Looking for players!

haroldgodwinson

Nov 22, 2020
Stick a 2 on the end of that and I'm aboard ;)
BBC was my very first exp of online FPS play on the xbox. After the servers closed I never went back to the franchise but I'll take your word for it.
Anyhow, once you'd played for a while, knew the maps and worked on a few tactics it was brilliantly addictive. Excellent back and forth battles. Even the camping snipers could be flanked and dealt with. Once saw a skilled heli pilot swaying the vehical side to side avoiding fire whilst coming down low taking out players with just the landing gear. Could hear them laughing over the headset. Naturally it annoyed me. Waited out in the open until seen. Let him get up close then fired off an RPG. Often missed but hit enough to get us all laughing.

Miss those days...

quxinna

Jun 10, 2022
I prefer kof97,IMHO kof97 is cs2.0 in fact cause I love girls.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023
Hotline Miami - A fast paced top-down 2d hack-and-slash/shooter. I probably had more fun playing this than any game I've ever touched. I love the ruthless game-play. I love the weird way it tells its' story. And I love the soundtrack. I STRONGLY recommend checking out a few let's-plays and/or reviews if you're even remotely intrigued. (I think you'll have the most fun playing with a keyboard and mouse.)

Runner-Ups:

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - An open-world hack-and-slash. This game SHOCKED me with a concept that I do NOT want to spoil. I WILL say this: if you're thinking about trying this game, the less you know about the enemy-generating system, the better. (I can't recommend the sequel)

Red Dead Redemption 2 - An open-world shooter (possibly the best to ever exist as of this post.) If well-written characters are important to you, I think you will REALLY appreciate this game.

Fallout: New Vegas - An open-world shooter (though you could easily make a melee build.) This game may have extremely glitchy game-play, but it also has some of the most creative writing I've seen in ANYTHING. Not just in videogames, but in ANYTHING.

Disco Elysium - An open-world point-and-click adventure. I haven't experienced writing more engaging than this. The way this game let's you build your character's viewpoints, strengths, weaknesses, and relationships, and the system it has in place for you to apply ALL of those attributes is something I'll never forget.