Best bankai?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

itachi-kun

Mar 15, 2007
ive seen 118 eps of bleach so far and ive more or less seen all the bankai's and just deciding who's is the best, well i think mine is Byakuya Kuchiki in my opinion,who's bankai do you like?
main.php

Holzy

Mar 7, 2007
I have also seen 118 eps but I think there are more bankias to come. Rukia i believe has a bankai, the rest of the Captions, but as of right now I would say that my favorite one would have to also be Kuchiki because of how beautiful it looks but I also like Madarame Ikkaku for how powerful it is.

Valkyrie

Mar 12, 2007
Yeah i will have to say Kuchiki as well, kind of like Shinku's power from rosen maiden.

Holzy

Mar 7, 2007
itachi-kun you should make a poll for people to vote ;)

Senshi

noobcube
Feb 11, 2007
Ichigo's rocks, he's all like "ima gonna pwn j00" and then he does.

I want to see Urahara's. If it's as awesome as his Shikai, it'll be my favorite.

Wind|Valkyrie

Master of Valkyrie
Dec 11, 2006
not alot of ban kai occured in the anime but so far byakuya so far appeals best to me or maybe ikkaku

itachi-kun

Mar 15, 2007
i might do that:full:

jigenbakuda

Chiaki's Fanboy
Dec 8, 2007
best bankai... I would say the dude who makes your sword super heavy everytime you touch it, that is too good, unless your fighting someone crazy like kenpachi....

Is hollow power included? Because the mask is kinda like a bankai, isn't it?

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
No, 'bankai' literally means 'final release', and it refers to the second released form of a shinigami's zanpakutou.
The sword that doubles the weight of anything it cuts is not a bankai, and the hollow mask is unrelated to any bankai.
It's just him using his innate hollow power that he 'gained' from just barely escaping turning into one.

jigenbakuda

Chiaki's Fanboy
Dec 8, 2007
No, 'bankai' literally means 'final release', and it refers to the second released form of a shinigami's zanpakutou.
The sword that doubles the weight of anything it cuts is not a bankai, and the hollow mask is unrelated to any bankai.
It's just him using his innate hollow power that he 'gained' from just barely escaping turning into one.

Yea I know, I just hadn't checked on any bleach in a while. Found out what I was talking about, not a bankai, only a first release. (still a kick ass power, no matter how off topic...:death: )

Well since thats not a bankai, I would have to say that probably ichigo's... although I enjoy the vizards much more than the gotei 13 people.

Oh yea I wasn't talking about ichigo's inferior suck ass hollow powers, I was talking about the vizard's hollow powers, and from the current happenings in bleach, it appears all the vizards are former gotei 13 people, so at least shinji has a bankai (seeing as he was a captain). I wonder with the hollow mask is it bankai on crack????

Anyways sorry for the mistakenly off topic last post

wikipedia kara...
Izuru Kira

* Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese), Grant George (English)

Izuru Kira (吉良 イヅル, Kira Izuru?, romanized as "Iduru" in Bleach Official Character Book SOULs) is a friend of Momo Hinamori and Renji Abarai from their days in the Soul Reaper academy. They are often seen spending time together, and all joined 5th Division together. Though no longer in the same division, Kira is loyal to both his friends and his duties, perhaps to a fault. He defends his captain from a grief-stricken Hinamori, and later calls himself a "monster" raising his sword against her. He is the first in the 3rd Division to accept their new captain, Shūsuke Amagai, and tries to convince his peers of Shūsuke's trustworthiness.

Kira's zanpakutō is Wabisuke (侘助, Wabisuke? lit. "miserable man", but can also be translated as "apology", Viz: "The Penitent One"). Its release command is "raise your head" (面を上げろ, omote o agero?). When activated, Wabisuke's blade bends into a square hook. In this form, Wabisuke doubles the weight of whatever it strikes. The effect is cumulative, so each following hit exponentially increases the weight of the target. Thus, after seven or eight blocked attacks, his opponents are unable to lift their own swords. Once Wabisuke's effect becomes noticeable, Kira's opponents often fall to their knees with their heads bent down, as if in apology, thus the name of his zanpakutō.

Rizzy

Jul 15, 2008
Damn! Best bankai? Not that there aren't some interesting ones to watch, I think I forget the ones I like the best. Even though I have mercifully continued to DL this anime I think I got disenchanted after they rescued Rukia.... When was that... like episode 51?

rush808

Jul 10, 2008
^ well the bount arc was a tad boring, you should check out what happens after its done. Vizard.. Itsygo.. Urahara.. Even otosama appearance short but intresting.

although theres a few boring fights in Hueco Mundo.. I believe its very intresting.

akumazero13

Feb 27, 2007
When/If Ken-Chan learns his....there are gonna be alot of bodies everywhere starting with Ichigo's of course :snicker: