seeking advise

anon642531

Sep 6, 2009
hi guys first post on this sight, my hope with this thread is to post the anime that i have seen in the past and liked and a few that i have seen and disliked to see if there is anyone here with similar taste that could give good advise, the annoying thing about this situation is the few anime that ive liked over the years are soo damn good but every time i try to find more its all soo bad! so ill start with my all time favorate and work down.

1) princess mononoke (ive seen all miyazaki's work)
2) cowboy bebop
3) samurai champloo
4) akira
5) kino no tabi
6) samurai x
7) lupin III
8) mushi-shi

ok and here are the few i can remember that i really didnt like no particular order here

ergo proxy
full metal alchemist
inuyasha
dragon ball z
sailor moon
yu yu hakisho

my tast isnt limited to any genre or or themes or plausability, i like thought provoking plots with focused well paced writing and atleast some character development, but uh on a final note i just recently watched kino no tabi and its really great, if anyone here hasnt seen it yet get downloading!

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
hm...FMA being at the bottom list kinda confuses me. which version are u referring to?

As usual my 1st recommendation would be Monster. definitely a must watch, might be hard finding all 74 eps nowadays though. other titles would be Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Scrapped Princess, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ( both seasons and Rei), Read or Die TV ( the OVA might be too short for u), Code Geass (just in case u haven't seen it yet ),Boogiepop Phantom, Gundam Seed and the Ghost in the Shell series.

anon642531

Sep 6, 2009
With FMA there i was refering to the first 20 or so episodes (in english on adult swim) and just to clarify the episodes ive watched were in no way bad, it just never got interesting enough to keep me tuning in.

code geass isnt bad either i love some of the philosophical conundrums, and the fact that the protagonist is a glorified osama bin laden, and how it really draws many thought provoking parallels to the british/american empire and shows some of the folly in impractical occupation, but i really hate the other 50%, it makes me feel like a 14yo girl with out the vag, characters gossiping and talking about their crushes, and the supporting characters are all extremely one dimensional.

and yea i knew i was forgetting something ghost in the shell is quite amazing

but uh thanks reingiolt for your response, the only one yet i might add but good enough to make my post worth while even if no one else responds =)

paulus2k

Apr 8, 2008
if you could eleborate on what you like... i might be able to help you... or t least in what you are looking for...
anyways, some of my faves that I can remember now that might interest you are
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (action, mecha, but good story)
- Rurouni Kenshin - Tsuiokuhen (wow, awesome story, one of the classics)
- Honey and clover (funny as hell! a bit romantic too)
- NHk ni Youkoso (funny, sad, etc)
- Hotaru no Haka (great movie!)
- Death Note (not really one of my fav but you might like it)

There are many many more that I left out... but I guess these would do for now...

anon642531

Sep 6, 2009
i would elaborate but thats the extent of the list! thanks for those suggestions though i added them to my list =)