Are most Japanese multi-lingual

jav.seeker

Oct 19, 2009
Do most Japanese in big cities understand English..?

What percentage of Japanese do you think understand or speak at least some basic english

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Dude, why the fuck don't you just post all of your retarded questions in ONE thread?

And yes, I called them retarded as you're a troll and NOTHING more. You could possibly be a tween who is obsessed with the idea that you can fall into a magical pond in CHINA and turn into a girl with the first drop of water to touch your skin, but you have a negative reputation for a reason.

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
1. Depends on the area you are in.

2. Depends on the age of the people as kids very often speak a fair bit. I remember when in Kamakura sightseeing with my wife I kept having children coming and talking to me in English.

3. Also depends how you talk to them as to whether they will understand you.

Majority of people know a few words but do not recognise it when spoken as they are used to hearing it in a Japanese accent.

If you're gonna travel show some respect and learn the language!

roundeyedevil

Jun 8, 2010
i saw an america-jin the other day, trying to shop with only eigo, apparently the american way is if the person wakarimasen's TO SHOUT LOUDER!!!!!:cheer:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
watashi wakatta so then i reply nihongo mixu to dakara more kakoii internets meme

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
I hate it when white people come here and don't learn a word of the language or don't learn to pronunce it properly. Each time I came here I studied like crazy, same with any country I visit!

Oct 6, 2007
i saw an america-jin the other day, trying to shop with only eigo, apparently the american way is if the person wakarimasen's TO SHOUT LOUDER!!!!!:cheer:

You sound like a complete effin weeaboo. You lose if you were trying to be funny/cool.

You're "attempting" to make fun of an American shopping in Japan using only English but the fact of the matter is his Japanese is probably better than the 5 words you know.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
Does anyone know where in China I can find this pond?