Are most Japanese multi-lingual

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jav.seeker

Oct 19, 2009
Do most Japanese in big cities understand English..?

What percentage of Japanese do you think understand or speak at least some basic english

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Dude, why the fuck don't you just post all of your retarded questions in ONE thread?

And yes, I called them retarded as you're a troll and NOTHING more. You could possibly be a tween who is obsessed with the idea that you can fall into a magical pond in CHINA and turn into a girl with the first drop of water to touch your skin, but you have a negative reputation for a reason.

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
1. Depends on the area you are in.

2. Depends on the age of the people as kids very often speak a fair bit. I remember when in Kamakura sightseeing with my wife I kept having children coming and talking to me in English.

3. Also depends how you talk to them as to whether they will understand you.

Majority of people know a few words but do not recognise it when spoken as they are used to hearing it in a Japanese accent.

If you're gonna travel show some respect and learn the language!

roundeyedevil

Jun 8, 2010
i saw an america-jin the other day, trying to shop with only eigo, apparently the american way is if the person wakarimasen's TO SHOUT LOUDER!!!!!:cheer:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
watashi wakatta so then i reply nihongo mixu to dakara more kakoii internets meme

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
I hate it when white people come here and don't learn a word of the language or don't learn to pronunce it properly. Each time I came here I studied like crazy, same with any country I visit!

Oct 6, 2007
i saw an america-jin the other day, trying to shop with only eigo, apparently the american way is if the person wakarimasen's TO SHOUT LOUDER!!!!!:cheer:

You sound like a complete effin weeaboo. You lose if you were trying to be funny/cool.

You're "attempting" to make fun of an American shopping in Japan using only English but the fact of the matter is his Japanese is probably better than the 5 words you know.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
Does anyone know where in China I can find this pond?