Annoying double vid files

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Seems you can't just stick to one work flow of leaching for long, first kat.cr died, then now there's thing trend of packing two almost identical vids in a torrent.

It's not difficult to detect and destroy. But it's just annoying. One lazy way I adopted to get watermark-free vids is to find a reasonably big torrent to download. It tends to be a high quality (maybe FHD but sometimes 720p also) and has a good chance to be free of watermark or at least the yellow one which is most annoying.

But a release group (actually I wasn't even sure it's a group, just a particular naming convention of their torrents) anyway it used to be a reasonable bet for a good download. Now I've been hit 3 times in a row with only the same yellow watermark vid duplicated inside the torrent. The two vids are a tiny bit different in filesize, but a quick scan seems they are the same vid and resolution.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
You hit the nail on the head. It makes no sense. It only works on certain leechers who judge a torrent by its total size, and only for a short time. And how can anyone gain a profit (financial or otherwise) from torrent is a mystery.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Actually Javbus is my top go-to site for browsing new releases, "researching" new and old vids, and (until recently) one-stop shop for torrents. It's not unique (there are many similar sites) and lacks bells and whistles but it's super fast, I can go over 3 days worth of new releases in a few minutes.

When there's a choice (not every vid) I try to get a watermark free rip or second best is the one with white/light grey watermark (it's annoying that that group has increased the percent area of their mark). If choices other than yellow is available, I've hardly noticed any difference between in speed. (but there are always some seeds that block you at 99% for many days, I don't know if that has any correlation with watermark) For a while I just picked the mid-to-large torrent (often labeled as HD) and it has a good chance of being HD and watermark-free (sometimes it's an ISO which is watermark-free but SD), but as I said that turns out to be too lazy and now we get these double file torrents.

Nowadays I take to AO or other sites to check for thumbnails, if there's more than one rips. But AO doesn't list all the rips (with thumbs) and usually I just give up right there and start the torrent and see what I get in the end.