anime Japanese and real life Japanese

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
i've always wondered why there's such a big difference between the way Japanese speak in anime compared to real life. i've heard seiyuus revert back to their fast, kind of mumbling and full of pauses real life Japanese when they're not doing the voices of their characters. has anyone ever met someone that speaks clearly and smoothly like an anime char?

wotakaskus

Jun 9, 2013
i've always wondered why there's such a big difference between the way Japanese speak in anime compared to real life. i've heard seiyuus revert back to their fast, kind of mumbling and full of pauses real life Japanese when they're not doing the voices of their characters. has anyone ever met someone that speaks clearly and smoothly like an anime char?

no,i never meet.by the way it's just a anime don't make a judgment based on anime

ane-san

snow queen
Sep 25, 2008
it`s like saying why are british not speaking clearly like on tv shows? (my excuse to brits) well,thats why you have seiyuus,actors,doing the talking,not "real life" japs on anime.
every country has lots of dialects, but all have in common paid actress/es to do the talking on TV/cartoons.

ps I can understand german pretty good but when some bavarian dude gets into my face I need to take out dictionary to decipher what the hell he`s saying.. :study:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Voice actors are just that... actors. I can do over two dozen voices and I don't use ANY of them in my every-day conversations.

That said, Japanese women often have two voices that they use, one a few octaves higher than their regular speaking voice. They use this when greeting their boyfriends (stop after getting married), and when they are involved in customer service. It's meant as a cute ultra-feminine type of voice. SOME high-schoolers use this voice too but often they are teased and picked on if they use it all the time as they are usually accused of being the Japanese equivalent of 'attention whores'.

There ya go. I'll be waiting for my 'Thanks'.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
I've always liked the deeper rougher voice that Japanese women sometimes use. But I don't think I would like to hear it personally, as from what I've seen it usually means someone is in deep trouble.

Oct 6, 2007
Voice actors are just that... actors. I can do over two dozen voices and I don't use ANY of them in my every-day conversations.

That said, Japanese women often have two voices that they use, one a few octaves higher than their regular speaking voice. They use this when greeting their boyfriends (stop after getting married), and when they are involved in customer service. It's meant as a cute ultra-feminine type of voice. SOME high-schoolers use this voice too but often they are teased and picked on if they use it all the time as they are usually accused of being the Japanese equivalent of 'attention whores'.

There ya go. I'll be waiting for my 'Thanks'.

One of my GF talked that once and I told her to never do it again. Not to say I hate it but it really depends on the person I guess.