A question on how to create create a custom collection by performers (actresses) in Emby

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
Hi, I need a little help with setting up Emby for JAV collections: Is there a way to automatically create a collection by performers (actresses) using the "People" tag/field in the NFO files in Emby?

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
Selecting an actress like Jessica Kizaki

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-25_15-17-47.png
    upload_2021-1-25_15-17-47.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 37

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
I would also like to know how to get the actress poster images like what you have shown, I only have small size images of actresses's face (cast & crew thumbs) and movie posters, but don't have posters like what you have shown.

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
Mine gets detailed like this

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-25_17-34-57.png
    upload_2021-1-25_17-34-57.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
So EMBY reads NFO files. You just need to get the data in to the NFO in an XML format. I wrote a python script to do that leg work for me.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
would you mind sharing the script? if you feel that is an inappropriate question/request, I totally understand and I apologize for that.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
I guess not. Have you ever share anything that is actually helpful to others in this forum? or you just really enjoy showing off your coding "talents"?

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
You don't have to be rude. The script was written very quickly is its not plug and play for everyone. You need to install python, the correct modules, install an IDE etc.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
I know how to program in Python, I was asking for guidance in terms of what files Emby is reading from to build collections (I now know Emby reads from collections.xml files), where to write the people metadata extracted from NFO files to what XML files, what other fields to extract from NFO files and what to what fields in the XML files, etc., if you are not willing to share, fine, but replying to my post then not providing any tangible help is ruder than what I have honestly and objectively pointed out the fact of your behaviors. But I won't say anything more about any of that, I am just trying to write a script to accomplish a specific goal.