"502 Bad Gateway"

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

loginer

Follow the rules!
Mar 17, 2011
Any explanation for this? I'm getting this at random times (Even at around 3PM EST, which definitely doesn't means evening time in Japan.)

:puzzled:

attachment.php

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we think it could be an extra flood of traffic because another site has gone done

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
To be more explicit it's Hongfire, a message board with similar interests as ours. They got some trouble with their server, and they are off until they find a new one.

We guess the extra traffic is due to them.

Reactions: CmoarIdols

sapientiam

Jan 1, 2010
i kind of feel that this forum has very fragile connectivity ever since that great mess up of hacks and fucked up database & hardwares

Reactions: CmoarIdols

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
high amount of bot poster are the main reason of this :scared:
before I post this I got 503 error, cannot browse (usually at this time I can browse this site a bit freely)
and suddenly when I go to room 203 ( JAV Direct Download sub forum ) there are many posts betwen my previous post and the last post (about 3 pages post )

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
i kind of feel that this forum has very fragile connectivity ever since that great mess up of hacks and fucked up database & hardwares

I think It's not like that on purpose, how many hosts would allow some of our cherished material?

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Lately I get the "502 Bad Gateway" message - and I get it a lot. :qustion: Do we have some problems? There are "only" 2,300 people online now. Seems not more than normally.

Reactions: CoolKevin

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes I am getting them as well, it maybe the server, looking into it. hopefully resolved soon

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
And it's also slower loading than usual in the peak hours. No real reason to complain, because it is still much faster than on the old server a few month ago but still noticeable slower than in the recent weeks.

Reactions: CodeGeek

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
We all knew this was a possibility. I, for one, am welcome to sacrifice a little inconvience for the greater variety this host is allowing. Hopefully it will in no way resemble the worst connection problems of recent memory.

Thanks again to all the moderators and the new admin for all your efforts.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
hi,
the ISP had some severe Problems with Servering so much bandwith - i'm about to fix this (in the worst case, switching the ISP)
I'm also going to tweak some settings, so we can handle even more users (so the plan :D - as i said in the other thread, i haven't tewaked that much on the server yet - so hopefully we can get there some decent amount of speed)
this wil happen in the evening CEST and can take up to a few hours (during this time, there could be some more bad-gateway problems, but i will try to hold it short)

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
i have tweaked some database-settings (some not so trivial settings)
unfortionately this can lead to some problems (as we had about an hour ago.).
I now have updated the settings - so that this will hopefully not happen again.

As for this. We probably have lost a few posts - i'm sorry about this.

Last edited:

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
so sorry, for this short outage.
i tried to enable the "unread post count" that was active for about a week.
Unfortionately this plugin will now crash the PHP-process. So up until i figrue out how to fix this problem, it will stay disabled.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
running pretty sluggish for me tonight, just to keep ya aprised of the situation

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes I have got a couple today, hopefully this is not a server weekend thing

Reactions: Ceewan

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
so
after investigation a bit - i found no real problem at the main-servers. - The only problems found where some not existent email-adresses, to which the system tried to send mails.
(there were some DB-Problems, but the automatic analytics has found and repaired them)

as for this morning (around 10AM CEST) the Datacenter, where some of our services are hosted, had a severe routing problem - thus, there should be seen an error for some users (not all should be affected) - Though i think, the same happened at 0:00 yesterday.
i'll go and talk to the Provider - this isn't s.th. we can tollerate.

we are still trying to find hoster that will allow all the content here, and provide a good service - wich isn't that easy.
As well as managing a decentrialized system.
Everytime one of you can get an error, it's hard to track down where this has happened. I've just uppdated my monitoring adding more services - so that i hope i'm able to track down future problems better.

i've just updated our DB-Cluster in order to not overload the DB-Systems (which shouldn't happened, but well... let's see)
oh perhaps you have noticed, that posting a post can sometimes take a few seconds longer - that's the problem on clustering the DB. But it should be tollerable (i hope)

Last edited:

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
unfortunately i've logged a few retries of database-queries on one of our notes. Though i'm not so really sure why this has happened - it's also only on one of the databases.
i'll look into it - later :D

Anyone still has problems with 502-error?
Up until now, it looks okay - yesterday we served over 3.5k users without a noticable slowdown of the system.
i also hope, that we can handel the load on weekens (which we should if the DC don't cut us out <.<)

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
yay.
we are suffering under our first small DDOS-attack (no need to worry, it's really small) (and first one on this new server-setup)
Moreover, for the last few days, we have logged over 1k attempts trying to brute-force into our Servers - nice try :D

our network is mitigating the attack - the only thing is, that one of our servers will react slower as usual (mostly since it's busy inspecting the the incoming packages).

As for some 504 Errors - i've figured out that this happens when two of our users tries to insert a query in the same millisecond on the same DB. Then the board won't always try to redo the action and fails on loading the page.
This is an error, that i can't resolve - but I'll open a ticket and we will see what will happen :)