Yuma Asami (麻美ゆま)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Jack1956

May 10, 2012
Yuma Asami

First few films I saw were nothing special but then I watched SOE-695 with Akiho Yoshizawa where they're attacked in front of each other and from then on she became another JAV goddess for me. The one where she's a high school doctor is superb (SOE-673)and where she's trying to get those naughty bus passengers (DV-1302) as the Bus Chikan Undercover Agent. Superb.

joenook

Jan 5, 2009
Yuma is still a favorite, but it seems this last year or so she's lost quite a bit of late. Some certain, er...assets aren't quite what they used to be. :(

Mar 28, 2008
Just found out. That fucking sucks, I hope she pulls through. Chemo therapy is such shit. God damn fucking cancer.
Im surprise nobody brought this up. She has cancer and likely wont see new content for a long time. Took out her ovaries and has chemotherapy nlw
https://twitter.com/asami_yuma
You gotta remember, a lot of the JAV crowd and almost entirely Akiba-ers are leechers. Was coming to post this news, but you beat me to it.

abbath

Sep 13, 2009
Im surprise nobody brought this up. She has cancer and likely wont see new content for a long time. Took out her ovaries and has chemotherapy nlw
https://twitter.com/asami_yuma

I was saddened to read her twitter account. Yumi is one of my faves AV, now she will go through hardship in her life. Hoping for her fast recovery and she definitely included in my prayers.

Tiesto

Nov 3, 2009
Poor girl, it sounds pretty bad. This was posted and translated by char123. All credit goes to him.

Tokyo Sports posted the entire interview with Yuma from their newspaper yesterday on their website. Here is a link to it if you are interested in reading the original article http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame...inment/150245/. I did a translation of the interview because I thought it would be of interest to people. I will mention it out front, I am not Japanese and I don't have any medical background, so please forgive me if I made some mistakes during translation, but this is as good as I can do.

you announced on twitter in February that you are taking time off due to health issues, which caused a stir in your fan base, can you tell us exactly what type of illness you are suffering from?

Yuma: simply put, they found a tumor in my ovary, it is a tumor very close to being malignant.

when did you start to feel unwell?

Yuma: I started feeling pressure build up in my abdomen area in January. After MRI testing, the doctors told me that they suspect that I might have ovarian cancer. I was told that they can't be a hundred percent sure unless they operate on me, but they did say that if I show this MRI to 10 different doctors, they will all suggest that it is ovarian cancer.

were you preparing for the worst?

Yuma: I did some research on ovarian cancer and found out that it is called the silent killer and that the survival rate is not great. I almost gave up hope as I thought to myself "am I going to die? and I will never be able to have a baby."

you were then hospitalized?

Yuma: they told me that since I am still young and that the fact the tumor is probably still progressing, it is in my best interest that they operate on me right away. I had surgery on February 25th.

what did they find out during surgery?

Yuma: I was told that tumors are usually either benign or malignant, but in my case it was in the middle and it is borderline ovarian tumor. Technically it is borderline ovarian tumor stage 3b. Just like cancer, it is divided into 4 stages and each stage is also assigned the alphabet a,b and c depending on how much it had spread. The doctor told me if it had been malignant, then it would be very serious, but even though it is not cancer, the tumor was close to being malignant, so you still can't really relax. Statistically speaking, borderline ovarian tumor is quite rare and that in most cases they are found really early (stage I), so my case is quite rare.

can you tell us the detail of the surgery?

Yuma: I had both of my ovaries and uterus removed, they also removed a part of the greater omentum. The tumor had also spread to my rectum, but after a discussion between the doctor and my family during surgery, it was decided that they will leave it in so I don't have to have artificial anus. Since a part of the tumor remains in my rectum, I have to receive chemotherapy to try to cure it.

can you tell us a bit about what it was like after the surgery?

Yuma: I stayed in hospital for about two weeks after the surgery. During that time I didn't really eat much and I was trying to rehab even though I didn't have much energy. As a result, I lost about 8 kilograms of weight. They also drained about 2 kilograms of fluid from my abdominal cavity.

you appeared at the Ebisu Muscats concert on April 7th

Yuma: it was a goal that I had set for myself when I started my treatment, to appear at the last ever Muscats concert. I thought to myself it is something I really wanted to do even if it might put my life in danger.

it was only about one month past your surgery

Yuma: I thought it would be fine after one month, but honestly my abdomen was hurting and I had also began the first round of my chemotherapy.

the side effects must be really tough?

Yuma: it is really tough, I feel numbness, wanting to throw up, lost of hair and symptoms similar to menopausal disorder.

did you feel any side effects during the concert?

Yuma: I had scheduled my chemotherapy so that it would not have affected me much at the concert, the only side effect was hair loss.

how about support from your family?

Yuma: at first, I really had a tough time telling my mother about it (after some silence, she continued the interview with tears). I just couldn't tell her that I won't be able to have children and that the survival rate for ovarian cancer is not good.

but you still had to tell them

Yuma: when I went back to the family home and told her, my mother was crying like a child. My whole family were crying, but I told them I will be fine. Now, during the time when I can't move freely due to chemotherapy, I stay at my family's place where they are taking care of me. I am so grateful toward my family and friends around me for helping me through this tough times.

you have a positive outlook on things now right?

Yuma: when I found out that it is borderline tumor instead of cancer and that I still have a good chance to live for a long time, I was able to have a positive view on things. Even though I can't give birth anymore, I would still like to get married someday and there are still many things that I wanted to try in the future. Also, I can't die before my mother does (it is considered a big sin when the child dies before his or her parents).

you haven't had any work after the concert

Yuma: no, I haven't had any work. I am wearing a wig right now and I am still feeling the side effects from chemotherapy.

what are your future plans?

Yuma: I try to be active when I am not feeling the side effects. Right now, I would really like to hold an event where I can meet my fans. I want to show my appreciation toward the fans for all the energy I received from them during Muscats concert which carried me on. I would also like to appear in theatrical plays and to release songs. I want to have a positive attitude going forward. I hope my fans can wait for me and as long as there are people that like me, I will continue to do my best to meet their expectations.

what is the plan for your AV career?

Yuma: I am still thinking about it, I am still receiving treatment at the moment, so I don't think I can make a decision now.

finally, what made you decide to come forward about your illness?

Yuma: after I became sick, I realized just how difficult it is to detect symptoms for ovarian disease, so I hope I can bring awareness to people about the disease and urge people to go for checkups.

end of interview, personally I think she is a very brave young lady for going public with her disease to try to increase awareness. I also respect her dedication and professionalism, I was at the Muscats concert on April 7th and she was dancing and singing with a lot of energy and didn't show any sign that she was actually in pain. Hopefully everything will work out for her and that she will be able to achieve her goals.
yuma%20interview%201.jpg
yuma%20interview%202.jpg

Zen10101

Aug 20, 2008
Very sad news...considering she's still in her prime. Wish her a speedy recovery and retire, nothing more important than health. No need to worry about babies, there's not enough adoptions.

Mar 28, 2008
Very sad news...considering she's still in her prime. Wish her a speedy recovery and retire, nothing more important than health. No need to worry about babies, there's not enough adoptions.

Yeah. Health comes before anything else.

Adopting isnt the same as having a baby, with your blood running through its veins. SO, I feel for her.

Cancer like this reminds us all how far we are from obtaining better methods in dealing with it.

Obelixir

May 1, 2009
I just found out this sad news. I had recently moved and haven't been online for awhile. i actually ditched a bunch of my downloaded titles, but kept hers. Looking back, I could tell she was getting progressivley thinner in her recent releases but didn't think much of it.

She will forever be an absolute beauty and legend. It is nice to hear that she has family support since many in the profession have strained relationships with family.

fuck cancer.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Very sad. Luckily they could detect and remove it. Not everyone has that kind of luck.
Wish her all the best for her for her recovery, the decision she has to make as for the rest of her life.

[...]Adopting isnt the same as having a baby, with your blood running through its veins. SO, I feel for her.[...]
Totally agree. It's not only the blood, it is also the process of being pregnant, having time preparing yourself, the pain of giving birth and being able to breast feeding. That's really different than adopting a baby.