Yoshiwara soapland bathhouses banning Chinese tourist

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
cyzo_may.jpg

According to the Japan National Tourism Organization, a record-high 1.43 million Chinese tourists visited Japan in 2012. This figure represents an increase of 37.3 percent over the year before, when the Great East Japan Earthquake and the nuclear disaster in Fukushima Prefecture unfolded.

Monthly magazine Cyzo says that visitors from China seek out Japanese products since they are viewed to be of high quality, but one item is proving to be elusive: the prostitute.

Bathhouses in the Yoshiwara brothel quarter are implementing a general ban on visitors from China due to “cultural differences.”

“About two or three years ago, Yoshiwara started seeing a rise in the number of Chinese tourists,” says an employee at one bathhouse. “Due to language difficulties, they are not able to understand the fee system.”

To enter a bathhouse may require 15,000 yen, but there is also the matter of paying 30,000 yen to the awa hime, or foam princess, once the session is complete.

“There have been quarrels,” continues the worker. “So as of now, Chinese tourists are not allowed to enter.”

The manager of another shop says that Chinese tourists also lack appropriate manners. “Inside the bathhouses photography is prohibited,” says the manager. “But Chinese tourists always want to take photos.”

These photos, says the manager, eventually wind up on Web sites in China.

Furthermore, there are a lot Chinese tourists who tend to be rude and possesss an aggressive attitude. “The soap girls are reluctant to serve them,” continues the manager.

With Japan’s adult-entertainment industry presently enduring difficult times due to the prolonged recession, the manager adds that he is grateful when any customer arrives at his establishment. He says, “I do not ban Chinese tourists just because of their nationality.”

But Cyzo’s writer senses that they are also probably not welcome at his shop.

Their Source: http://www.cyzo.com/2013/04/post_13179.html)

My source:
http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2013/05/09/yoshiwara-soapland-bathhouses-banning-chinese-tourists/

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
“About two or three years ago, Yoshiwara started seeing a "rise" in the number of Chinese tourists,” says an employee at one bathhouse.
:snicker:

How's about a couple signs out front saying, "No Class..No Ass" or "You shoot us with camera, we shoot you with gun" or the ever popular, "No Duckie no Fuckie".

Haggling for the whore has been around ever since prostitution was invented.
I bet many of us have haggled before...not me though. :secret:

Oh Ohhh.. a perfect segue into my favorite hooker jokes...

Q: What's the difference between an epileptic oyster fisherman, and a hooker with diahrrea?
A: Well, one shucks between fits.

Q: What's the difference between your job and a Dead Hooker?
A: Your job still sucks!

Q: What do you get when you cross a hooker with a systems engineer?
A: A fuckin know-it-all!

Q: Did you hear about the Chinese prostitute that had a black baby?
A: She named him Sum Ting Wong!

And lastly...

Q: What do you receive from a singing Foam Princess?
A: A soap opera!

Happy Mothers Day!! (call your mom!) :inlove:

yupper

May 14, 2010
To make it easy, just put up a sign that says 'no dogs and chinese allowed', just like in 'The Fist of Fury.' Then Bruce Lee can come and kick it down.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
never having been to one i cant comment but i have heard stories from friends about how him and a couple of his friends were refused entry to a bar (or a snack maybe) because there had been incidence of russian sailors getting on the piss and fighting with customers and staff. it didnt matter that my friend had lived in japan for over 10 years at the time, was from england, spoke perfect japanese and was understandably sympathetic with the owner; they were still asked to leave.

sometimes i get the feeling that foreigners arent really that welcome in japan, let alone its intimate sanctuaries of debauchery but i am readily solicited by the staff who stand outside of these establishments when walking past them.

regnad

Jul 11, 2009
Yeah, probably 98% of the Japanese adult industry that involves anything other than looking is off limits to foreigners. If you're white, and therefore immediately identifiable as foreign, you're turned away at the door regardless of language ability.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Well up in Asakusa, Iriya and around the Ikebukuro and Shinjuku areas, most soaplands have been off limits to foreigners for years. While trying to gather up business, I was often turned away before I could give a sales pitch.

hostrych

Apr 10, 2009
I thought foreigners in general were not welcome in bathhouses?:puzzled:

Depends. In Yoshiwara it's usually not hard to get into a soapland as white foreigner. Some of them take a foreigner-fee, some don't. Not every "foam princess" takes foreign customers, but this is rather because of the language barrier. When being told "that girl is japanes only" at the phone she's usually not if you get to the soapland in person.

Apr 11, 2007
Nothing new really. I've seen reports about signs outside of establishments explicitly saying "No foreigners!" etc. and I'm talking about regular cafes, stores and restaurants. If you search for it, you will find plenty of pics I'm sure. I can't even blame them. Most foreigners seem to have a hard time adapting to local etiquette and rituals, regardless of destination, or they simply don't care and behave like pigs. Without generalizing I would assume the type of tourist who searches a brothel would be more likely to act this way.

On a sidenote: Damn, these hookers seem expensive. :distressed:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
What's it like needing to pay for sex?