Yakuza

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Want to be more specific?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Still sorta waiting for an actual question, or relevant comment.....

Lost In Japan 1200

Aug 26, 2008
yakuza???

there is no such thing as yakuza in japan nor are there mafia in america and the freemasons never existed either (hint hint) hahaha.

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
No Yakuza?

there is no such thing as yakuza in japan nor are there mafia in america and the freemasons never existed either (hint hint) hahaha.

No Yakuza? are you sure? if you enter underground business in japan then I think you will encounter one.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Made me chuckle :D

HEY ART 6969, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE AND FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR OWN DAMN QUESTION! Good lord I'm glad I'm not a mod on here... I don't have the tolerance for stupidity of old men who think using computers is 'trendy'.

Gaiarth

Jan 9, 2007
Just a little anecdote, as I have no idea what the OP is trying to say..

Several years back on a visit to Japan, the Yakuza had just moved into an office just round the corner from where we were staying. How did I know that? Well, the dozen or so rather tough looking guys in suits (most of them shaven-headed, the punch-perm look for Yakuza sadly having fallen out of fashion) cutting us dirty looks as we walked straight across the road right in front of the bosses car as he was leaving was a clue...:coldsweat:

aXemeXa

Oct 7, 2008

HEY ART 6969, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE AND FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR OWN DAMN QUESTION! Good lord I'm glad I'm not a mod on here... I don't have the tolerance for stupidity of old men who think using computers is 'trendy'.

hahaha.

@ how angry you sound about this.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
yakuza at Japan..... anybody wanna share it
aquamarine said:
Still sorta waiting for an actual question, or relevant comment.....
Given the use of the word "share" I was sort of leaning towards the possibility that there is a yakuza-themed AV or hentai that art6969 was looking for. His one-line reply definitely smacks of a hit-and-run request rather than a sincere attempt to create conversation, and I'm more inclined to believe that his use of the word "it" was correct rather than an incorrectly-singular substitute for "their stories" (or similar wording).

Y'know, somehow I just can't imagine yakuza stooping to being caught on-camera in JAV. I'd imagine they get enough money and women as is that they don't need petty roles like "random dude who gets to bone the STD-infested JAV slut" and that it would be bad for business if they were caught on-camera, censored or not. I'd also imagine that if any punk with a half-body tattoo did show up in a JAV that the yakuza might have something to say about it. But this is 100% coming from an outsider's perspective. Maybe people who've actually been to Japan for a long period of time would have something different to say on the matter?

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008

LMAO... I completely agree, and I'd like to include all the clients who think eCommerce is fab. but dont quite get the drift of how to manage order lists.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Well that made me giggle. :)

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
Ok....

Ok...I will be the one who will ask the question.

anybody here want to share experiences,pics, how they look like etc.,etc... these yakuza?

another question..

are yakuza really helpful to Japan or are they a blight in Japan?

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
I heard that during the Kobe quake, the Yakuza where first on site to hand out food and blankets, until emergency services managed to make it in.

I do believe local groups do have a reason to make sure the local population is happy with their presence and after all, they do show a great deal of affection and responsibility for "their turf" if that is the case.

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
The Yakuza...

Ah ok, so they are good guys when calamity comes? and YAkuza have their own designated turf like "Yakuza A on this town and yakuza B on the other town"

Why do most movies I see that the yakuza are bad people like driving their car like they own the street, own a lot of women, druglords, smuggling etc., etc.,

And are these yakuza really worth to respect? and look up to? I mean when someone offended them no matter how small it maybe they will torture that someone or probably kill.

Also, some japanese movies I watched like machine girl represents the yakuza as bad people.

if the yakuza are not really bad people then they wouldn't be depicted as bad people in movies.

tell me, where did the yakuza come from? from the Samurai?

During Medieval Japan, I think these yakuza are not called yakuza during those times, they are just... er nobody.

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
Yakuza originated well before the times of the Samurai ended, but many of the samurai after the end of the meiji-restoration reasoned that there would be very little reminding them of the control, rights and feaudal system from before.

The Yakuza system seems to resemble or emulate this age old system very much, where honor and "justice" (if one can use that term) is all.

A famous sign of Yakuza (is or used to be) the tatoos that where mandatory.

One in particular, can be seen on the shoulder or back of some saying "Meiji to giri", more or less having been translated to me as "duty and honor" whereas it truly should be "Indebtedness and Duty"

No matter what you do, you're always in debt to someone for having what you have and being where you are, be it position, rights, rank or profits.

Per the same term, it would be highly disrespectful of Yakuza not to "take care of" the local area/its people as they owe great profits and priviliges to the same people for being active in their area.

And yes of course, they're brutal as hell sometimes, when they feel people deserve it, so that part is likely more true than not.

A guy mentioned something in another forum I frequent that was quite interesting.

In particular when talking about Kobe as it is a famous area with high frequency of Yakuza families.

He went to school in Japan as an exchange student and on the day of enrolment/sign in, the whole schoolyard was filled with students and he wondered what was going on and no one entered the school building.

Apparently some kid in a senior class, who was the son of a famous yakuza boss had used a katana for its original purpose and decapitated another kid who bullied his younger brother.

And he left the head on the stairs to the school as a warning sign.

Just as a general warning to the other kids not to touch his brother this year around.

If that is true or not, I dont know as I wasn't there, but I wouldn't put it passed them.

Say what you want about the Yakuza, but at the same token I dont quite appreciate all the drug-stuff and brutality affiliated with the subject, Ican clearly understand and appreciate their sense of loyalty, dedication and other parts formerly affiliated with the old traditions.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
All the poetic talk put on hold, I'll pose this question: do the yakuza lend money to people? and if so, do their loans have high rates of interest attached to them? I know that loan sharks exist in Japan as they do in other countries -- I've seen loan sharks numerous times in Japanese television. (Most recent example that comes to mind is an episode from last year's meh~ish Mop Girl.) What I don't know is whether it has been incorrect for me to associate loan sharks with the yakuza or not. In America, many loan sharks operate as extensions of the mafia and rely on the mafia's power to do their dirty work. I assume it's the same in Japan (i.e. that the yakuza employ some loan sharks and that the yakuza beat up men and abduct young women from families who can't pay off their debts), but this seems to run counter to the whole "the yakuza are so noble ^-^" talk I'm reading here, so ... :\

Do most yakuza support or practice entertain the notion of loan-sharking people?

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
I never said they where noble...
They would probably interpret such a sattement as referring to them as cautious sissies on the corporate ladder and heck no...

They still cut the fingers of for failures so there is nothing noble about that.

Tattoo's on the other hand used to be a) to display number of years of penalties issued and b) later on as a reward for good service and honorable decorations in feudal Japan.

Later it became illegal/banned whereas today its coming into fashion to some extent more so among younger women having small tattoos they can easily hide when visiting an onsen.

Yakuza still do the whole tattoo thing and have priviliges to access certain few onsen that allow them.

As in all countries, as you said, loansharks often come hand in hand with other areas of crime, not only financial in nature, but that is not something explicitly Yakuza style about it.

Sex, drugs, and anything else that can make money will always have certain elements involved, and thats just the nature of things, regardless of where in te world it is.

Edit:

As a reference, not only in Japan is this the case, or the US, Middle East or wherever I have seen it...

A recent event in Malaysia too. lady owes money to loanshark, lady cant pay back, so they toss her kids in the fridge for a few hours. I doubt thats considered believable until you hear about or see it for yourself.

Then again, I guess things like this, having seen what some have seen, its hard to understand what is not believable about it anymore. In my personal oppinion, the movies only tell half the story, and reality is much more horific than you would ever consider it to be.

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
Yakuza brutality....

I can not fathom the depths of their brutality.

Their brutality knows no boundaries.

All mafia are brutal. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Yakuza are the most brutal mafia in the entire world.

"A kid who decapitated another kid who bullied his brother?"

This is too cruel..he could have punched the poor kid instead.

I'm really pissed off by these yakuza, They are totally different from the Samurai. They are people who disguise themselves in nobility and honor.
They are just plain Thugs

If I were to encounter some Yakuza oppressing another person like beating them to death. I will go immediately to aid that person and show these yakuza some military sambo.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
You are assuming a fair fight, one-on-one, and even then you're being boastful. The real world is far too cruel and practical -- you'd be shot down in under 10 seconds by the man's accomplices. Again, this goes for all mafias and gangs. You never, ever stand a chance of survival if you go in guns a-blazin', despite what Steven Seagal may have to say on the matter.