Would you buy your child a personal computer?

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Would you buy a personal computer for your child? Does computer open a child's thought?

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
Yes, it is helpful.
I have given laptops to all around me, family and not.
But, that being said, young girls with a phone seem to post questionable content on social media outlets.
Periscope and live.me, etc.
If you provide computer, check what's being done.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
if I had my own kids then no I wouldn't get them their own computer.There would be a computer in the living room or dining room so that I can make sure my child isn't cyber bulling anyone,isn't being cyber bullied , isn't meeting random strangers, isn't making videos for Chester the child molestor or anything else stupid. Kids will do dumb shit because either they don't know any better, they think nothing bad will happen to them or simply don't care. If I gave them cellphones the video feature would be disabled or the camera function blocked.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
Properly managed, a computer allows growth and knowledge early on.
My daughter was able to join Mensa @ 8 years. (160 IQ)
As a reward, I paid for a lifetime membership.

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
Properly managed, a computer allows growth and knowledge early on.
My daughter was able to join Mensa @ 8 years. (160 IQ)
As a reward, I paid for a lifetime membership.
That's odd. Mensa actually has a lower age limit for their tests. That figure differs between chapters but the lowest is usually about 12. They do make exceptions for obvious prodigies though. 160 isn't exactly prodigy level. Its kinda normal for Mensa, though it is exceptional for an 8 year old.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
She is nine now, and just completed a science project, detecting "Alpha, Beta, Radon and others " using a "Cloud Chamber".