WiFi vs Ethernet

• WiFi

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Ethernet

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Which of these is your choice? I heard plant seeds don't grow near WiFi router.

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
Really? I hear brains stop working near a PC which is apparently true in your case.

Look, its bloody simple. If you absolutely must have a reliable connection like for online FPS gaming and not something stupid casual like Mobile Legends, than nothing beats LAN.

For everything else, you can just use WiFi unless you have some imagined allergy to electronic signals.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Which of these is your choice? I heard plant seeds don't grow near WiFi router.
You're not talking about speed, here, you'e talking about immediate vecinity environmental impact? If the stories out there like that are true, then, I'd prefer Ethernet. Admittedly, I've never seriously looked into it, but, I ask myself, do we have long term studies of the effects of all manner of wireless technologies on the human body? When I point my key fob at my car 40 yards away and it beeps and unlocks, there was NOT a single line of signal that went straight towards my car, the signal went from my fob out in every direction possible, even through me, reaching my car in the process. Hell, right now all kinds of signals are going through us. Can't say the same for my father when he was my age.

Last edited:
Reactions: uk21 and CoolKevin

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Really? I hear brains stop working near a PC which is apparently true in your case.
No call for that at all. If you have an opinion on the subject, that's fine, I'm sure we'd all be interested. Statements like that make members look childish, if even showing their age, I suspect. We're trying to have a friendly communty, here. Please don't knock or belittle or berate other members.

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
No call for that at all. If you have an opinion on the subject, that's fine, I'm sure we'd all be interested. Statements like that make members look childish, if even showing their age, I suspect. We're trying to have a friendly communty, here. Please don't knock or belittle or berate other members.
If its just a simple questions, sure.

But if anyone goes around simply parroting that myth about plants and routers, I'm either going to get very sarcastic or rude. I have a very low tolerance threshold for idiocy.

Its not like they can't even test it out themselves to see if its true or not. I have a house plant pretty close to my own home router myself and its not like its dead or anything.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
If its just a simple questions, sure.

But if anyone goes around simply parroting that myth about plants and routers, I'm either going to get very sarcastic or rude. I have a very low tolerance threshold for idiocy.

Its not like they can't even test it out themselves to see if its true or not. I have a house plant pretty close to my own home router myself and its not like its dead or anything.
EVERYONE can post their opinions or concerns here, whether it is based on knowledge or ignorance (in the literal sense of that term). That is always welcome. What is NOT welcome are comments that are intentionally and admittedly rude. There is a very low tolerance for that kind of behavior here. The only police with regards to content around here are the mods. If you don't agree with comments...pass them up. Responding to posts the way you are is completely unnecessary. There's a term for that.

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
EVERYONE can post their opinions or concerns here, whether it is based on knowledge or ignorance (in the literal sense of that term). That is always welcome. What is NOT welcome are comments that are intentionally and admittedly rude. There is a very low tolerance for that kind of behavior here. The only police with regards to content around here are the mods. If you don't agree with comments...pass them up. Responding to posts the way you are is completely unnecessary. There's a term for that.
I would say that what I have said is less intentionally rude than it is inclined to make people start thinking for themselves though. I'm otherwise rather helpful to folks around here. Note that I did give him a legit answer regardless.

One stupid rumor deserves another in response. At most, I would take back 'apparently its true in your case' but he does deserve the first statement otherwise.

Anyway, I'm a touch sensitive about these things if only because I've been spammed so much by this sort of nonsense that I've had to resort to barring anyone who spreads false articles without bothering to verify the facts first. I've completely blocked out friends and even family members before. I do not accept the excuse 'no time to check'. I simply point out 'you have time to read and spread bullshit but not the time to verify if its bullshit?' and than I block their e-mails, messages, etc until they wise up.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
there are growing concerns about how many signals that are around today, 100 years ago there were very few, but were possibly more lethal, but the quantity now has many to think it is bad, but convenience over rides that, and there are many tests being done now, quite a few have said young guys should not keep mobiles near there piece of meat, apparently it does effect it, not sure of the full effects, as test are still being carried out, and as this is in its infancy and it will take several decades to get a true answer, I would always go for cable connection, and if possible try to stop as much signals as possible

now for the unnecessary comments
please do not create hostility on this board, I get fed up in cleaning up the threads where they start, but now I got this lovely ban button, and it can delete all the posters posts, including the good ones,
And for what do they get back in return more hostility and the chain continues

Reactions: WillEater and uk21

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
Well, I would like to think that I wasn't so much rude as I was sarcastic.

Anyways, I'm also annoyed at this guy. This ain't his first topic here. Notice how he tries to start discussions but fails cos his topics are inane or don't make sense. I tried to respond to him once to seek clarification but none was forthcoming which makes me question the purpose of him starting threads in the first place if he neither reads nor responds.

If you're not even active in your own threads like right here, where he's not even saying anything...than why bother?

INever2

Mar 19, 2007
Wifi signals ARE dangerous. Some EU countries ban wifi and cell towers near schools.
There was a book I read about this when cell phones first came out.
They showed heatmaps of the brain, and cell phone usage really heated up the brain.
The author was fired from the tech company he was with because of the book he wrote.
So all things being equal, use ethernet.

uk21

Saori Hara Alliance
Aug 4, 2009
Now as microwave ovens and most WiFi operate on the same frequency, 2.4 GHz. Some of you may be interested in this video by Richard D Hall on the Effects of Microwaves, where he did a interview with Barrie Trower who allegedly trained in the Government Microwave Warfare Establishment in the 1960s. So If true he knows a thing or two about the Effects of Microwaves on our health and the environment.
uk21

Reactions: CoolKevin

ShogunXXX

Nov 13, 2014
If you do have the choice: cable, cable and cable again. Better for both your health and your computer too.

Reactions: WillEater

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
I reduce the WiFi toxicity by just reduce its power intensity. I wonder does it work.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
Not sure if still trolling, but no, reducing power on WiFi only destroys your connection.