JAV on the GO! (with the Sandisk Connect Wireless Stick)

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Sure, you can put your favorite JAV files on your devices already, but do you worry about others accidentally stumbling onto them while using them? Rule #1: Don't let people use your devices! But, when rules don't apply I found a neat solution for me. The Sandisk Connect Wireless Stick.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/connect-wireless-stick

SanDisk-Connect-Wireless-Stick-memoria-flash-inala%CC%81mbrica-de-hasta-128GB.jpg

I grabbed a 16GB to test (and have a 32GB on the way because I liked it!). I placed some choice titles on it. Downloaded the Sandisk Connect app for Android. Turned on the stick's built in WiFi. Opened the app. It connected and I'm able to view my folders and files. Streamed HD content flawlessly (some Fear the Walking Dead episodes...I don't download much HD for JAV). Of course, my JAV SD titles looked great as well! Now I can stream media without a computer OR an internet connection because the app talks directly to the WiFi from the stick. Awesome stuff. It is advertised as being able to connect up to three devices simultaneously. But I won't be sharing my JAV, thank you.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Sound interesting. If I understood it correctly you need to install an app (called "SanDisk Connect app") on your smartphone if you want to connect it with the stick. How are Windows, Linux and OSX computers connected to that thing? Is it just a Windows Share accessible via WiFi? And how long does the battery last?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
CodeGeek, that's unfortunately not ideal for this device since it is billed as a way to have wireless additional storage for mobile devices. As for a PC it says you can connect to it but then have to visit a SanDisk server to get to your content that is feet away from you. At that point you're using the Internet. Or of course you can just plug it in. :)

Did a field test this morning. On the road at a light I connected and could stream just fine. At home when I launched the app it disconnected from my home WiFi and connected to the stick. When I exited the app my phone reconnected to my normal WiFi.

Haven't had time to test battery life, but I have a portable battery for the phone that has a slot for this USB as well, so that wouldn't be much of a concern since I myself wouldn't be able to use this for hours on end.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
CodeGeek, that's unfortunately not ideal for this device since it is billed as a way to have wireless additional storage for mobile devices. As for a PC it says you can connect to it but then have to visit a SanDisk server to get to your content that is feet away from you. At that point you're using the Internet. Or of course you can just plug it in. :)
[...]
Would have been cool to have a memory stick which haven't to plug in into your notebook or computer, but can stay in your e.g. notebook case or rucksack. I don't need additional memory in my smartphone (I've already 32 GB installed + 64 GB memory card) and I don't have a tablet. I can access all my movies on my NAS using the NAS app or some other apps. But the smartphone screen is too small.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I have a Galaxy Note 5. Once I start watching a shoe on Netflix, the show takes my interest and attention and I don't notice I'm watching on a small screen. But I hear ya. Have you Googled this thing? Maybe I explained how a PC connects incorrectly

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I have a Galaxy Note 5. Once I start watching a shoe on Netflix, the show takes my interest and attention and I don't notice I'm watching on a small screen. But I hear ya. Have you Googled this thing? Maybe I explained how a PC connects incorrectly
Okay, I have a S3. Your things is surely a little bit bigger. ;) No, I haven't yet. But I will have a look.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Detective CodeGeek. Haha!

Proof positive, though, that you can take titles with you anywhere. The files are not on your phone and no one can see them wirelessly from the stick unless they just happen to have the SanDisk Connect app. :cool:

Reactions: CodeGeek