Why people lost contact?

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Why do some people lost contact of their friends, etc.? Lost phone number? Had an argument? Not interested in friends anymore?

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Pay you to be their friend?
Yeah, because that’s the only way I’d be in the same space as you... but you seem to be broke so I guess we’ll never be friends! Oh well, such is life.

loner507

Jul 5, 2019
What are friends? I don't know of such things. The world is a dark and evil place. Sadness is all I know.
Never had a friend or comrade, I could really trust. This is a really sad world.

loner507

Jul 5, 2019
Which country?
In Japan, 'friendship' is shallow and fragile, even with life-long friends.
Well I don't always like to reveal, because it's a horrible country, but I'm feeling little masochistic so I'll tell you.
It's damned country called Pakistan. Wish I didn't live here and I don't wish associate with most of the people here.

As far as friendship is concerned it's pretty shallow here too. Most people just want to take advantage of you, no one understands friendship anymore. What happened to people overall, idk if it's just me but aren't people sort of losing the value of what a friend or what a comrade meant. To be a friend was a kind of honor and the most precious thing I can know of. But people easily sell it, for a cheap price like material posessions or dominence over each other. I just don't understand why can't someone be a friend for friend sake rather than some hidden motive.

Also when did we all forget that we are all, that there is in the universe, without real friendship or purpose, life becomes hollow or empty. What the hell can the world give which can be precious enough except friendship. I even believe love without true friendship can just never truly work. You at least have to understand each other otherwise we end up in a kind of void existance which many of us are plagued with, if not lucky or most people are in. I'm sure they are, I'd like to see a real person who stands for something rather being a weak stupid sellout.

Wasn't it Aristotle who said
"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies. In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds"

Apologies for my outburst there, it's just the monotony and tiresome idiocy of life bores me, and wished someone might understand.

On a positive note, where do you live? Is it Japan or somewhere else, and hope you had better luck with friends or anyone in general. Thanks for asking. Hope I didn't intimidate you with my reply.

Last edited:

monkeychicken

Feb 3, 2009
Sorry for your living situation. Stay strong and safe and learn how to take care of yourself.
I have said, in the past, 'Your best friend is the one you immediately think of when you have to bury a body.'

monkeychicken

Feb 3, 2009
Adult friendship in my country means booze. No liquors, literally no friends and if you don't drink alcohol you're even more screwed. Fucked up country I tell ya. Even if you are under emergency, you house burns down, getting robbed in the sidewalk, everyone is just going to stare you down and walks away.
A little harsh for... Japan...?

teetsheeps

Jun 30, 2019
A little harsh for... Japan...?

Never been to Japan or made any Japanese friends, but I guess that how it especially is in many hyper-modernised area, anywhere.
It's all about connections and benefits. If someone can't get either of those 2 from you, why would they spend their time and energy and be your friend?

Not saying it's 100% like this in urban areas, nor in rural areas you can actually find a "friend".
The world is just... harsh.

Of course if you do have people who you truly can call friends, hold them dear and treat them with respect.
They are gems in our harsh and brutal world.

Reactions: samo2009 and PSKKTS