Why is mosaic heavier than it was in the past?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Senior Idol

May 29, 2008
I have noticed that several labels have made the mosaic much worse in the last year or two than it was five or ten years ago. For example, the new post NHDTB-173 in HD shows this problem, but there are many others on various labels. Does anyone know why, or can you link me to a discussion of this problem which is already active? Thanks.

Senior Idol

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
I have noticed that several labels have made the mosaic much worse in the last year or two than it was five or ten years ago. For example, the new post NHDTB-173 in HD shows this problem, but there are many others on various labels. Does anyone know why, or can you link me to a discussion of this problem which is already active? Thanks.

Senior Idol

compare to decade ago, today mosaic are much more thin, if you said its more thick compare from what you have seen, bthose slim mosaic was against the rule, many vids was pulled out from the market because of this, so now they trying to make peace with the authority

Reactions: Senior Idol

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Supmop, I disagree there. Mosaic was pretty 'risky' a decade ago.

We're in a mosaic thickening uptick. Some say it's because of the Olympics and others say its a knee-jerk industry reaction to the bad press from last year (the accusations from actresses, pulling titles, etc.).
Outside of truly indie makers like Doujin JAV studios, mosaic is definitely heavier now than just a few years ago.

A big issue I was told was how in FHD movies, there were times when watching in less than full size where it almost looked like they were uncensored.

My take is this isn't permanent and you will see studios gradually test the waters with thinner pixels.
Trust me, they hate mosaic as much as their fans. It's time-consuming to do and costs money to get right (including Ethics approval).
They aren't puritans, they're just doing what needs to be done to sell their titles.

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
Supmop, I disagree there. Mosaic was pretty 'risky' a decade ago.

We're in a mosaic thickening uptick. Some say it's because of the Olympics and others say its a knee-jerk industry reaction to the bad press from last year (the accusations from actresses, pulling titles, etc.).
Outside of truly indie makers like Doujin JAV studios, mosaic is definitely heavier now than just a few years ago.

A big issue I was told was how in FHD movies, there were times when watching in less than full size where it almost looked like they were uncensored.

My take is this isn't permanent and you will see studios gradually test the waters with thinner pixels.
Trust me, they hate mosaic as much as their fans. It's time-consuming to do and costs money to get right (including Ethics approval).
They aren't puritans, they're just doing what needs to be done to sell their titles.

you're right mosaik from a decade ago was more risky

sorry my mistake, not a decade but two decades ago, dvd era ... at that time mosaic was very thick, its not block genital area only but include hips

yes, I do understand they hate thick mosaic too, hope situation (mosaik, risky themes) will back to normal again

Reactions: Senior Idol