Why do guys lose interest after ejaculate?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Can someone explain this phenomenon to me? Is it the brain that is after the women, or is it the sperm?

torenz

Tegumi
Jun 22, 2012
Refractory period (sex)

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Without doing deeper investigation I would guess it is simply because of nature. While having sex a living being is always in danger to get killed and eaten by others.
So to motivate the creature to have sex it gets a reward: A hormone cocktail which makes it feel really good. Otherwise it wouldn't do it. Same goes also for food / eating.
But as the creature is vulnerable while having sex it is the best to switch back right after the sex was successful (means the male delivered its sperm to the female). Then it is able to flee or fight if it is necessary.
And I guess it is simply the same for humans. ;)

Also there seem to be some differences as everyone is taking about the after-sex cuddling which especially women like and also want. ;)

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Without doing deeper investigation I would guess it is simply because of nature. While having sex a living being is always in danger to get killed and eaten by others.
So to motivate the creature to have sex it gets a reward: A hormone cocktail which makes it feel really good. Otherwise it wouldn't do it. Same goes also for food / eating.
But as the creature is vulnerable while having sex it is the best to switch back right after the sex was successful (means the male delivered its sperm to the female). Then it is able to flee or fight if it is necessary.
And I guess it is simply the same for humans. ;)

Also there seem to be some differences as everyone is taking about the after-sex cuddling which especially women like and also want. ;)

Is hormone cocktail a sperm? Do animals experience refractory period as well?

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Is hormone cocktail a sperm?
Somehow I don't understand your question. :confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sperm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone
Hormones and sperms are totally different and not connected - at least not directly.
Maybe I didn't understand your question completely. Maybe you can be a little more precise. :)

Do animals experience refractory period as well?
I think so. Humans and animals are different in a few aspects. But not in very many. Especially not in aspects of the basics. ;)

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Somehow I don't understand your question. :confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sperm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone
Hormones and sperms are totally different and not connected - at least not directly.
Maybe I didn't understand your question completely. Maybe you can be a little more precise. :)

I think so. Humans and animals are different in a few aspects. But not in very many. Especially not in aspects of the basics. ;)

Why do you call it cocktail? So the reason guys like women, is hormone? Not sperm? Or is it both? Cause it is just strange, that I only like women only when I don't ejaculate.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Why do you call it cocktail? So the reason guys like women, is hormone? Not sperm? Or is it both? Cause it is just strange, that I only like women only when I don't ejaculate.
Because several hormones in your brain and body take part in the process which makes you horny. Also the brain itself is involved.
But it is surely not because of your sperm. You sperm does exactly nothing. They wait until you release them. Then they swim to the egg and - voilà - a human starts to grow. That's all.

It's like food. You won't surely try to eat if your body wouldn't signal you that it is hungry. And you also won't eat if your tongue wouldn't signal you how good it tastes. It feels nice if you stomach is full. And certain ingredients in the food trigger the release of hormones (I guess e.g. sugar does that).

And about ejaculation: I (tried to) explained that in my post before: You loose interest afterwards because a) you should be able to fight with lions, bears, wolves and so on or should be able to flee from them. b) Your body also need some recreational time (like torenz already mentioned in his post).

And by the way: You're not the only one. ;)

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Because several hormones in your brain and body take part in the process which makes you horny. Also the brain itself is involved.
But it is surely not because of your sperm. You sperm does exactly nothing. They wait until you release them. Then they swim to the egg and - voilà - a human starts to grow. That's all.

It's like food. You won't surely try to eat if your body wouldn't signal you that it is hungry. And you also won't eat if your tongue wouldn't signal you how good it tastes. It feels nice if you stomach is full. And certain ingredients in the food trigger the release of hormones (I guess e.g. sugar does that).

And about ejaculation: I (tried to) explained that in my post before: You loose interest afterwards because a) you should be able to fight with lions, bears, wolves and so on or should be able to flee from them. b) Your body also need some recreational time (like torenz already mentioned in his post).

And by the way: You're not the only one. ;)

Lions? You mean like after you have sex, and someone outside of the room is trying to kill you?

So if I have a crush on a girl that I like, that it means it is also hormone, that is located somewhere in my brain right. And if I ejaculated, I still actually do like that girl, yes, but just no interest in sex? I'm sorry my question are silly, but I'm just so curious.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Lions? You mean like after you have sex, and someone outside of the room is trying to kill you?
25.000 years ago that wasn't any room or houese. So there was no inside and outside. And since humans didn't change much. At least not on a biological level. So let's say you had sex and something is maybe hunting you for food. 25.000 years ago this was a problem. Nowadays it is of course / hopefully not a problem. But humans are still humans. And they work the same as 25.000 years ago.

So if I have a crush on a girl that I like, that it means it is also hormone, that is located somewhere in my brain right. And if I ejaculated, I still actually do like that girl, yes, but just no interest in sex? I'm sorry my question are silly, but I'm just so curious.
A crush? Hm, let's say you like or love her. For me having a crush is when the brain and the hormone cocktail kicks in. Crushes come and go. But real feelings stay.
But, yes, you still like that girl. :) Or maybe don't like her if you didn't really like her before. ;)
There are even hormones which improve partnership bounding. And also the background for that is explained easily: Because of the protection and supply of the (possible) offspring. So it is a good idea to have a foreplay as well as after play.

Little Chucky

Hi, I'm Chucky, Wanna Play?
Aug 28, 2013

a bit of reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_motivation_and_hormones

Reactions: CodeGeek