1. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are there so many versions of Windows?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Muz1234, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Muz1234

Muz1234 Active Member

Would there be more Windows after 10? I'm confuse why there are so many versions of it...

2. Casshern2

Casshern2 Senior Member...I think

So...Windows is an Operating System for, you guessed it, Windows PCs! Unlike Apple Mac computers, you see. Those use Mac OS (OS = Operating System).

There are many versions of Windows because it has grown over time, it can do more and more each time a version comes out. From Windows' original version all the way through Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and now 10. (don't worry about 8.1)

With this last version (perhaps) it will just be built on, no telling if there will be a Windows 11 or beyond, it could be 10 is here to stay and will just get improved on and perhaps named differently but will still be 10. Me thinks anyway.

3. Death Metal

Death Metal Burning Knuckle

I think we would call this the IBM PC standard, as opposed to Macs and other desktop standards.

Casshern2 likes this.
  4. pedro_life

pedro_life New Member

You can approach the question (WHY) in a different way. By, understanding Moore's law. As productivity improves so hardware and the need for software.

5. pedro_life

pedro_life New Member

reason#2 = profits