Who come from Hongfire?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

spinneman

Nov 18, 2009
Hi, here I only know some men from Hongfire, seldom talk with them...:victim: who are others? who come from Hongfire please Introduct yourself here.. :evillaugh:

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
I'm a member but it wasn't a newbie friendly forum so I never did prosper while I was there.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I´m a HF member since 2005, and I still am posting there from time to time, but some people there sometimes are not very "friendly", I even have been blamed for being a Akiba mod by some people there, although I am a member at HF twice as long already than I´m at Akiba.

Short cut: my heart belongs to Akiba, that tells it all...

spinneman

Nov 18, 2009
You ID is same in hongfire? i was jackitshot there, but because of some reasons Mod banned me.... :why:

spinneman

Nov 18, 2009
I´m a HF member since 2005, and I still am posting there from time to time, but some people there sometimes are not very "friendly", I even have been blamed for being a Akiba mod by some people there, although I am a member at HF twice as long already than I´m at Akiba.

Short cut: my heart belongs to Akiba, that tells it all...

Of course i have known you are there, :evillaugh: i don't often talk to pplz in HF, and look like the rule is more strict, you are right.... :giveup:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
rules are not more strict there normally, but you have to read and to notice the rules at both sites and your posting must be in accordance with them.

What we call "DO NOT UPLOAD: LIST" is named "CURRENT NO TORRENT LIST" at HF, including downloads as well of course, to be found at the top of the hentai anime torrents section.

HF only reflects to the english part of DLsite, Akiba however reflects to all parts of DLsite when it comes to new torrent / download threads. Akiba excepts older animations where the licenses have expired since a long time period, HF however includes even these older hentai animations without active licenses.

Reg. regular animations HF is more strict than we are, but that can happen here any time too...

To avoid warnings or infractions there was and is only one medicine at all sites - check the rules and act like they tell you to do.

I know the rules of every site I´m active at, so there normally is no problem at all.

seorang at HF (or Nick64 in former times) does not do anything else than me or my co-mods do here at A-O...

spinneman

Nov 18, 2009
Now these reason are complicated, at first i upload licensed materiel that isn't found in ENG DLsite, but at last found in another site, and the name is a little hard to search out, anywayz i don't want to upload anime and game carelessly anymore as i seldom upload to these zones in akiba-online, then later reasons i don't want to say out, but if i have chance, i will explain why my account was banned, tomorrow my account will be unbanned.

Also, i know you always work hard as Mod in Akiba-online, because HF has strict system and kill members, and here member receive warning only without banned immediately, but they relax their vigilance easily...

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I've been a long-time lurker there, and managed to registered twice, in 2004 and 2006 (after a purge ?).
This is the place where I heard first about these damn torrents and how to deal with them. :giveup:
I started to post a bit, but this stays my second favourite forum behind AO :hero:

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Signed up in November 2004. Last activity, it says, was in May 2007. Funny thing is, I'm still in the top 150 for reputation.

wat3v3r

May 24, 2009
I'm a member but it wasn't a newbie friendly forum so I never did prosper while I was there.

Indeed, it is filled with pedos and psycho people. I remember when I signed up for it 5 years ago and all their topics consisted around lolis and flames.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
I don't think I posted a lot, if at all, because I can't even remember the username I used at hongfire.

spinneman

Nov 18, 2009
According to what are you saying, even i seldom talk with pplz in HF, i know more about what are pplz doing in HF... :sick:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I visit Hongfire now and then, they have some great posts, shares, and discussions. As far as Japanese games go it really is a cutting edge forum in my opinion. That being said I also hang out here and this is my preferred place anyday. There is just a different class of nics here. I don't get along with everyone here, not at all. And there are a few here who seem to enjoy ridiculing others and making them the blunt of their attempts at humor. So I don't think this place is perfect. But overall I meet a good group of nics here who just wish to enjoy the same things together. That is all I am looking for myself so this is where I choose to be.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Also, i know you always work hard as Mod in Akiba-online, because HF has strict system and kill members, and here member receive warning only without banned immediately, but they relax their vigilance easily...

HongFire has highly-publicized "executions" because the HongFire community is by and large a mob: and they have a mob mentality. When the mob demands justice, things get out of hand unless the higher-ups settle the matter quickly. So they not only ban people quickly, but they also ban them with a lot of fanfare.

The thing is, sometimes a ban is just an act. I was surprised to discover only yesterday, in fact, that jinjin was not only reinstated on HongFire but posted as recently as yesterday. "She" was a famous female member of the board when I was active, and the ultimate revelation that she was actually a dude caused quite a stir. And of course everyone on HongFire knows the story behind Prinny, which is proof enough that HF bans are either ineffectual, halfhearted, or a little bit of both.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Viewing the mods here at A-O and and at HF mods here just take far more part in the normal forum activities, they start threads, they write posts, they give reps or just use the thanks button. They are just normal members, only different by nick color and have special power or abilities to keep the system of order at A-O, but that´s not even the write phrase to name it. We are not the police normally, we can be if necessary though, but I think we prefer being a friend or the first-aid nurse in first line...

Mods at HF rarely are to be seen starting threads or writing posts, there are not even notes or posts reg. deletion of posts or threads, it just "happens", they mostly act invisibly. At least Nick64 started threads for information or new titles in the hentai section and took part in forum life there, but he´s gone since some months. Conversation in the forum mostly is kept up by people like solarenemy, rick or Lord Zero (only for ex.), activities are splitted in many club sections with a lot of Club leaders, there are far more staff members in a second line under the admins too, and there´s a lot of grown relationships between the staff members and the second line in staff as well.

The staff members of A-O can be counted with less than 10 fingers I think...