What`s your downloding speed and how much do you pay for it ?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

AlucarD0

Vampire Shinobi
Dec 22, 2006
Igrat is right i spend a lot of money of interner cafe`s when i didnt had a PC or a internet conetion ,i think i could have bought 3 or more(who knows) up to date PC`s :eek:mg:

AlucarD0

Vampire Shinobi
Dec 22, 2006
in Romania almost 1 USD and something

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Internet cafe? Everyone has internet here, so no internet cafes exist here.
Although, there's 4 computers you can use for free for up to an hour at the library.
And once a year, there's a large LAN party with around 150 people with a ~21 euro entry fee.

baka324

O-Overdrive
Feb 28, 2007
Around 4500-5000 kbps and upload tops at 60kbps, I pay around $40 USD I think. My speed test claims that it up speed goes up to around 300, but when it goes to 60, everything just stops working.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
Internet cafe? Everyone has internet here, so no internet cafes exist here.
Although, there's 4 computers you can use for free for up to an hour at the library.
And once a year, there's a large LAN party with around 150 people with a ~21 euro entry fee.

There are absolutely no internet cafes in Sweden? By library u mean a public library? What do they do at the LAN party?

AlucarD0

Vampire Shinobi
Dec 22, 2006
LAN party :puzzled: , hmm i dont think i heard this tearm before :innocence2:, is like when a lot of ppl get together and play on the net or something like that :dunno: ?

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
most likely they just play LAN games, you probably won't need to hold a LAN party if your gonna play online games...what i'm wondering is what game their playing. Btw do you guys play Dota?

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
There are absolutely no internet cafes in Sweden? By library u mean a public library? What do they do at the LAN party?
I'm sure there's a whole lot of internet cafes in Sweden.
I was talking about a relatively smaller area, namely my city.
And yes, it's a public library.
What do you do at a LAN party? You play games together.
It's more fun than doing it over the internet.
And yes, I play dota.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
most likely they just play LAN games, you probably won't need to hold a LAN party if your gonna play online games...what i'm wondering is what game their playing. Btw do you guys play Dota?

Too bad, here in the UK I see no one is playing their online games at the internet cafe/cyber cafe. Even though the cafe's speed is good, it's main income is from old people chatting on webcams and emails. :exhausted:

AlucarD0

Vampire Shinobi
Dec 22, 2006
im my countru ppl play like crazy online game, WoW, DOTA, L2c4, you name :eek:mg: it , maybe too much :bingo:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
3000/768 DSL for $50 USD, I get about 90% of my advertised speeds so I'm satisfied with that until fiber gets here, if it ever does.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
I'm sure there's a whole lot of internet cafes in Sweden.
I was talking about a relatively smaller area, namely my city.
And yes, it's a public library.
What do you do at a LAN party? You play games together.
It's more fun than doing it over the internet.
And yes, I play dota.

I can kinda see how I'd be more fun. That way you can smack the person who's always killing you :snicker: Btw are all the the 150 participants playing the same game?

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
Too bad, here in the UK I see no one is playing their online games at the internet cafe/cyber cafe. Even though the cafe's speed is good, it's main income is from old people chatting on webcams and emails. :exhausted:

Really? Online games aren't that popular there? I saw some TV programs that were about gaming tournaments and there were some UK contestants.

AlucarD0 - no one there plays counter-strike?

AlucarD0

Vampire Shinobi
Dec 22, 2006
in my most i said you name it (i was reffering to any game that could be played online for free:lols: )

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
Really? Online games aren't that popular there? I saw some TV programs that were about gaming tournaments and there were some UK contestants.

I meant people here are crazy bout MMORPG, just that they don't play it in cybercafes unlike some other countries like Malaysia. I think they play at home.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
Hm at my parent's I have 6 mbits down/0,5 mbits up DSL(Im getting 700 kbytes/s down and 60-70 kbytes up) but Im upgrading to 16mbit/1mbit next week for 50 Euro (phone and internet flatrate)

In my flat I have 10mbits/0,4mibts cable (1,25mbytes down/50kbytes up) but Im also upgrading to 16mits/0,76mbits for 30 Euro. I would prefer more upload though.

In some towns they finally start using fibre cables..you can get 50mbits/10mbits for 70-80 euro I think, but we are still way behind the scandinavian countries.

FlashSwordIrene

Oct 4, 2007
I use roadrunner high speed internet

My D/L speed is 7 mbps
My U/L speed is 512k/sec

I pay around $43/month

hottoshita

Dec 29, 2007
this the fastest i get.normarly around 3MB only

i use hikari(fiber) and pay about 2000yen++, because i share with my friend. total aound 4000yen++/permonth