What OS are you using?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

What OS are you using?

• Windows 9x, Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 2000, NT

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 248 42.9%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 76 13.1%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 173 29.9%
  • Windows Server

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Mac

Votes: 37 6.4%
  • Linux

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • Multiple OSes

Votes: 8 1.4%

• Total voters

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
windows xp sp3 32bit

havent upgraded i wont i refuse before i get a quad core (matter of principle)

Bloodthunder

Mar 9, 2008
lol, so many for windows, so few for unix. you could break mac os into tiger, leopard, snow leopard etc. and linux into the separate stable releases.

using xp sp3 btw.

Astb

Nov 7, 2007
I mainly use Mac OS X 10.4.11 on this laptop, but I did consider getting 7 so I could upgrade my old Dell. I just didn't bother yet and may have missed out on the cheap pricing there was...

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
tried do that, but can't stay away from games :victim:
I game very little myself. When I do I prefer Windows Tiny2003 eXperience Edition, which has most of the bloat removed, for windows games.

For all the other stuff, I boot linux from usb-stick and have it loaded in ram. It never touches the harddrive unless I tell it so. So combining it with windows is no trouble at all.

kahzeelol

Dec 30, 2009
Using Vista Home Premium right now. And I hate it oh so much. Windows XP was the perfect OS for me.

chippy

Satyagrahi
Feb 10, 2008

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Vista home, unfortunately. :dunno:

Trying to dual boot Fedora, but just cant get it to install. :destroy:

Some day I'll be freed from window's neon claws into the welcoming flippers of that linux penguin! :relief:

Inadvent

Just a member
Mar 10, 2009
Currently on WinXP - 32bits - SP3, I planing to have Win 7 too, thus having a dual boot, let's see how good people say it is.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
Currently on WinXP - 32bits - SP3, I planing to have Win 7 too, thus having a dual boot, let's see how good people say it is.

If you are running XP you will find no problem with 7, it might be even a little faster. Make sure to install the right drivers.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
7 Ultimate x64, pirated edition.

I only have 4GB of ram currently so the x64 is a bit moot, but I'm planning to upgrade to 6GB or 8GB soon.

For those who want to stick with Windows but haven't taken the plunge into 7 (still sticking with XP or Vista), I can say that it's an extremely worthwhile upgrade (if tedious, regarding the format/reinstall process). Just make sure your hardware is within the recommended specs (decent CPU, discrete graphics, etc). I would also suggest having 2GB ram at the bare minimum, and 4GB for a good experience.