What Manga Are You Reading Now?

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Re:Monster

Read it, enjoyed it, then checked on why any updates weren't released in a long time and saw a lot of info about the light novel it's based on and was rolling my eyes at half of it. They take an interesting premise...but reuse it until it's like a strategy RPG and characters have many kids, and are on their 5th classes..

Snowyfox

May 22, 2017
Robot X Laserbeam, Nanatsu no Taizai/7 Deadly Sins, Jagaaan, Platinum End, Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (We Can't Study)

malmal1

Feb 2, 2014
Another shout out for "Thus the JSDF Fought There!" or "Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri Manga."

The premise is a portal opened in Tokyo leading to a fantasy land. It focuses on a certain 2nd-lt of the JSDF who was sent there as part of the exploratory contingent. The strongest aspect of the manga is story unfolds in a realistic manner. If a gate to a fantasy world were to suddenly open in our world, I can realistically imagine this is how events would unfold.

This manga would win the award for the most unlikely combination of subjects on a page.

- An F4 Phantom next to a panel with an Elf girl waking up from a nightmare? Check
mXuyEAAm.jpg

- Modern artillery vs the Lannisters? Check (this turns out exactly like how you imagine it would, poor knights)
FL6TqIm.jpg

- US president and politicians being their greedy self, plotting to take control of the gate and the resources beyond. CHECK
ERrTheXm.jpg

- A 700 yr old goddess of war who has the appearance of a loli wielding a great axe, appearing in japanese parliament being asked how old she is? Check.

- A battle between a 700 yr old immortal loli goddess of war against a US navy seals fireteam? CHECK! (This turns out exactly how you imagine it would. Poor soldiers.)

- A princess of such fantastical world, being sent to Japan as an ambassador, and her reaction on first encountering a BL doujin? CHEEECK (this turns out exactly like how you imagine it would. poor princess)

BTW, don't watch the anime. I hear it's a bomb.

Last edited:

Herik

Feb 15, 2009
I am reading now Toaru Majutsu no Index vol. 19 and Card Captor Sakura Clean Card Arc Volume 2

DemonDice

Mar 28, 2019
I'll be naming a few Asian Comics. I call them all Manga whether there from Japan/Korea/China.

Star Martial God Technique
Tales of Demons and Gods
Yong Heng Zhi Zun
Tsuyokute New Saga
God of Martial Arts
Apotheosis
Soul Land
Panlong
Black Clover
Spirit Blade Mountain
Wu Dong Qian Kun
Doupo Cangqiong
The Great Ruler
The New Gate
Nanatsu No Taizai
Xian Ni
The Rising of the Shield Hero
Boku No Hero Academia
Tenkuu Shinpan
I'm still waiting for Season 3 of The Breaker... :(

steampack

Oct 13, 2010
Kingdom
Apotheosis
One Piece
One Punch Man
Kakegurui
Tales of Demons and Gods
Hejime No Ippo

teetsheeps

Jun 30, 2019
The Ancient Magus' Bride

watched the anime series some years back, only discovered the manga series recently :haha:

nrm

May 25, 2022
Franken Fran and Chi no Wadachi, i cannot read more than two at a time

quxinna

Jun 10, 2022
Saint Seiya

• Love
Reactions: mago

soujirosgnt

Jul 6, 2022
New to the community here, hi everyone!
I've been finishing off a series i started a long time ago, as the final volume was just release recently: Kami no Shizuku