What do you think about the renewed R18.com product page?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
When browsing the photo gallery on PC, the add to cart bar plus close bar at the top takes up too much space and I cant see the entire photo.

If there was a minimize function for the add to cart tab it might make it better.
We have updated the way to watch the gallery from PC.
We hope this changes feels like an improvement.

damper

Aug 2, 2021
I really didn't like it. The oldschool page was much more user-friendly in the web(desktop) side.

1- I have to slide down to see movie details (such as categories, actresses)
2- Showing photos without slider is definetly not upgrade it's a downgrade. It's also not user-friendly.

ramp_it_up

Dec 21, 2018
Thank you for reporting. Let me try to understand the problem.

You access with your phone (Android?) to the movie product page from the web browser (Chrome?) and then you click the blue button "watch full movie".
A popup opens and you click the "Watch in R player" red button and the R Player app does not open?
Is this what is happening?

yes android, web browser edge yes, watch full movie yes, watch r player yes,
Sorry for the inconvenient. This bug is fixed now.
thanks that was quick.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I really didn't like it. The oldschool page was much more user-friendly in the web(desktop) side.

1- I have to slide down to see movie details (such as categories, actresses)
2- Showing photos without slider is definetly not upgrade it's a downgrade. It's also not user-friendly.

1- Do you prefer to see the movie details in first view instead of bigger cover/sample movie?
2- How do you move from photo to photo? are you using exclusively the arrow buttons? the photo gallery was made to only need to scrowll down with the mouse (like when you go down in a website) so you dont even need to touch any button like when you have a slider button.

damper

Aug 2, 2021
1- Exactly, I think this much bigger cover unnecessary, they did the same thing in the IMDb. It's false. But I have to give points for much more effective placement of sample video it's nice. It's good to see diretcly but right side can be place for movie info section.

1.jpg

2- Yes, I scroll with mouse. I understood your intention was primarly for user experience but this time you can't see the photo in full and center aligned this is problem what I see.

2.jpg

3- Also I wanna add bug report. If there are more than 16 pictures/2 rows in "Small Images Section" It does not show pictures after 16th. You have to look in bigger size rest of pictures in the gallery.

3.jpg

Thank You.

Last edited:

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
1- Exactly, I think this much bigger cover unnecessary, they did the same thing in the IMDb. It's false. But I have to give points for much more effective placement of sample video it's nice. It's good to see diretcly but right side can be place for movie info section.
Yes, giving priority to the sample video/trailers seems to be a trend.
We got your point. We will take a look to see if we can reduce trailer size to show more movie information.

2- Yes, I scroll with mouse. I understood your intention was primarly for user experience but this time you can't see the photo in full and center aligned this is problem what I see.
I see your concern. Will see if we have some some improvement.

3- Also I wanna add bug report. If there are more than 16 pictures/2 rows in "Small Images Section" It does not show pictures after 16th. You have to look in bigger size rest of pictures in the gallery.
MMmm. Interesting you mention this. This is actually not a bug. It was build with that intention.
When there are less than 16 pictures the "view full gallery" button does not show up. When there are more than 16 pictures the "view full gallery" shows so all the images can be showed.

Some movies have too many picture and showing all the pictures will push all the content after the gallery down. For this reason we only show maximum 16 images and to see all of them you have to click "view full gallery".

Same behaviour for movie details etc. When there is too many content to show we show buttons to reveal all the information.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
I have to agree regarding the image gallery (on desktop at least). It's kind of clunky now compared to before. It reminds me a lot of FC2. And since since not all images are the same resolution, you'd be scrolling down seeing random-sized images which is not visually pleasing.

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
I think it's better than old version. But I need update in Android apps. Firstly I need ability to sort by Studios or actress.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I think it's better than old version. But I need update in Android apps. Firstly I need ability to sort by Studios or actress.
Thanks for the feedback.
You can sort by studio/actress/series etc from the web browser. When you find the movie you want and click play/download it will open the Android app

seitoseitan

Nov 7, 2014
I prefer the old one but you know it would take time to get used to but people can adapt like they always do.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
We have made some minor changes for desktop at the top of the product page making the cover photo a bit smaller to allow "About this movie" content to be able to read at first view.

We have also made some speed improvements to the page.
We hope you enjoy the changes.

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
We have made some minor changes for desktop at the top of the product page making the cover photo a bit smaller to allow "About this movie" content to be able to read at first view.

We have also made some speed improvements to the page.
We hope you enjoy the changes.
Nooooo. It become worse. Bigger is better.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Nooooo. It become worse. Bigger is better.
Many people complained that they could not see the movie info in the first view so we have fixed it so the movie info is visible in the first view.
Now the preview image is much bigger than the it used to be in the old page but a bit smaller than it was in the first release.