What are some good Anime titles to watch this coming Halloween?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
I've seen shows that are frequently mentioned...Higurashi, Elfen Lied, Tokko, Monster, Mirrai Nikki, Shiki, Perfect Blue, etc.

I'm looking for shows that base themselves off of the horror genre that aren't as well known as the others mentioned above.

I'd like something that'll genuinely put me on edge like Higurashi did.

I'm willing to give something like.."Ghost Hunt" a go. Although, I watched a few episodes and it honestly didn't appeal to me. I've heard good things about Boogiepop Phantom, also.

Anyway, throw your suggestions out there!

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Tokyo Ghoul. But it is really not that close to Halloween yet.

If you want something creepy and good then try either Death Note or Soul Eater (why not both!). I have a few more gems posted in the anime torrent section but you would have to search through them. A lot of Japanese anime has a darker side to it. Even Gunslinger Girls (one of my all time favorites) is pretty creepy, sad and horrorifying in its' own way (although it is not classic horror by any means). Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is a real sleeper as well as Another, both are great examples of classic horror.

They just recently came out with the uncensored bluerays of the Tokyo Ghoul series and I am hoping to find a decent torrent to share here soon. A really nice version of the 1st season is already out there but the sync is off on the english dub for episode 5 so I am waiting for a better rip before I post the dual audio here. There are plenty of subbed only versions out there though but I try to post dual audio only to please as many members as possible.

Reactions: kjamc1982

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
Thanks Ceewan.
Tokyo Ghoul. But it is really not that close to Halloween yet.

If you want something creepy and good then try either Death Note or Soul Eater (why not both!). I have a few more gems posted in the anime torrent section but you would have to search through them. A lot of Japanese anime has a darker side to it. Even Gunslinger Girls (one of my all time favorites) is pretty creepy, sad and horrorifying in its' own way (although it is not classic horror by any means). Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is a real sleeper as well as Another, both are great examples of classic horror.

They just recently came out with the uncensored bluerays of the Tokyo Ghoul series and I am hoping to find a decent torrent to share here soon. A really nice version of the 1st season is already out there but the sync is off on the english dub for episode 5 so I am waiting for a better rip before I post the dual audio here. There are plenty of subbed only versions out there though but I try to post dual audio only to please as many members as possible.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia I still need to check out.
Another was fantastic.

Thanks Ceewan.

kjamc1982

Apr 3, 2007
I have a few suggestions however, they are not as scary as some of the horror anime out there. I would suggest both Vampire Hunter D movies, the first movie is from 1985 and the English dub is on YouTube. The second movie Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is from 2000 you can more than likely easily find it to elsewhere. Vampire Hunter D has more mangas and novels than anime, hope a series does get produce if Wikipedia is right about it. Another anime I would suggest is the Berserk anime from 1997 which you should be able to find on YouTube, the whole 25 episodes that was released in English dubbing. There are three movies that basically retell the first 25 episodes if you want an abridged version of the anime series. There is a second 'season' currently being broadcast right now on Crunchyroll. However, both series I suggest is more reading of the mangas and reading the novels for Vampire Hunter D. If you are a fan of the video game 'Dark Souls' the Berserk series heavily influence it, just some random facts.