What are dvdiso files?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
What are dvdiso files and how or what program can I use to view them? :dunno:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
download daemontools, then use it to mount the .iso file

spare_line

Dec 20, 2006
winRAR seems to extract most .iso files (it took a long time for that to dawn on me). This can be downloaded free. And I use a programme called MagicISO (also can be downloaded free) for the rest. MagicISO is a little confusing to use but is does work. As for what ISO files are - I haven't a clue.

DarthXeven

Sithlord
Oct 25, 2007
..all these will work for .iso files

.ISO is an image file containng meta-data (video files,system boot,etc..)anyway these program all deal with .iso depending on what you want to do.......

* Alcohol 120% - A commercial CD/DVD burner and image mounting program that can also create ISO files from discs.
* Alcohol 52% FE - A feature-limited free edition of Alcohol 120%. Cannot burn discs.
* BURNCDCC - A freeware utility used to burn ISO images to a CD/DVD/BD disc.
* cdburn.exe - a command-line utility from Microsoft for burning ISO images to CDs. Included in the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools package.
* CloneDVD - From SlySoft, shareware DVD cloning software which is able to save the contents of the disc as an ISO image or as individual DVD files (i.e. in a VIDEO_TS directory). CloneDVD can also write a DVD from an ISO image and from a directory of individual DVD files, and it can process a folder of DVD files and convert it into an ISO image.
* Daemon Tools - An ad-supported utility to mount ISO images in Windows operating systems.
* dvdburn.exe - a command-line utility from Microsoft for burning ISO images to DVDs. Also included in the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools package.
* DVD Shrink - A freeware program that facilitates backing up DVD movies. The resulting output is an ISO file or a DVD VIDEO_TS folder, and it has to option to decrease the size of the output at a lesser quality (for copying onto a smaller sized medium).
* Folder2Iso - A freeware program to create an ISO image file from any kind of folder, including subfolders. It is a graphical interface for the Linux program mkisofs. The program does not require installation. Compatible with Windows Vista.
* Gizmo Drive - a freeware program that enables ISO images to be created and mounted to a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive.
* ImgBurn - a freeware disc image recorder that can build and write ISO image files.
* InfraRecorder - A GPL-licensed free software utility for writing CD and DVD image files to disc.
* The ISO Plugin for Windows Commander can read and extract files from ISO images.
* IsoBuster - A shareware program that can extract ISOs, plus full CD descriptions in various modes, and handle and extract ISO and related files.
* ISO Recorder - A free (for personal use) ISO creation and writing tool for Windows XP and later. (Note that ISO Recorder does not support creating images of Audio or Video CDs).
* IZArc - A freeware file archiver for Microsoft Windows that can extract files from several disk image formats, including ISO files.
* LC ISO Creator - A free and tiny (23kB) CD/DVD ISO image creation tool for Windows NT/2000/XP.
* MagicDISC - A freeware disc image emulator.
* MagicISO - A shareware utility from MagicISO, Inc., for working with ISO image files.
* Nero Burning ROM
* Power Archiver - A shareware file archiver that can handle ISO images.
* PowerISO - A shareware program which can mount, edit and extract many disk image formats.
* UltraISO - A shareware application for creating, modifying and converting ISO image files.
* Undisker - A shareware program that can create and edit several types of hard disk and CD/DVD image file formats, including ISO images.
* Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel - A free tool from Microsoft to mount ISO images as drives.
* Virtual CloneDrive - A freeware CD emulator from SlySoft.
* WinRAR - A shareware file archiver that can read, but not write, ISO images.

Becks

The Beck's Experience ...
Jan 4, 2008
i can recommend daemon tools too, im usin' it since my early gamer-days ^^

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Thanks so much.

gizgaia

Feb 18, 2007
does any know how to convert sega saturn gsme such dragon force.what tool should i use?thank with advance