virus malware spyware?

achroous

Feb 20, 2007
last time I visited here on my home pc, it was pwnd by a virus. had to rebuild bc AVG could not clean it. this is a reasonable worry, otherwise I would not be posting this! are you guys aware of any problems like this on the server? maybe it's initiated through advertisements?

Aizu

Nov 12, 2007
I had a similar thing happen to me earlier this week. I was able to trace the malware back to an advertisement on Akiba-Online, which infected my computer through adobe acrobat.

There is currently a vulnerability in Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Download Manager, and Flash which is being exploited to cause accidental code execution. Flash 10.1 is no longer vulnerable, so update flash ASAP.

Adobe Acrobat and the DLM are still vulnerable, and a patch will not be available until later in the month, so I would recommend uninstalling those for the time being.

Alpeia

Lycher
May 7, 2010
You might want to download Defender from microsoft website. It's free and protects your computer from malware and spyware. I've been using it for years now along with an anti-virus software.

It's always better to be safe then sorry.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
If you use firefox, look into adblock and noscript.

I'm a little skeptical of the idea that it came from an ad here, you'd think it would be more of a widespread problem. The only ads I ever see here are from dlsite and jlist, no real reason to suspect either of them.

I'd wager its more likely the result of a sketchy imagehost someone is using.