Virtual Idols

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
an interesting idea, I do not know if I like it or not, maybe better if you was there, I look for later, :gayprance:
thank you for good find

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
I hate how so many countries are spreading so much misinformation about this year old concert the past few months, and they act like it happened recently or something.

It wasn't a halogram. It was just the HD models SEGA made for the games projected onto a clear screen, and lighting was used from both sides to make it more visible on that screen.

They're also gonna have the 3rd annual concert for Miku Day again this year. So it'll probably be more of the same, and I really hope they pick a better set list this time. Out of the literally thousands of songs for each Vocaloid they used, those were easily some of the lower end stuff, even for the official music.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
Thx for that

You're right. It's not technically a hologram, it's just
what the youtube poster named it. And I was led to believe
from another source that this 'outfit' was currently on tour.
I hope you will tell us more, like I noticed there are many
characters, They are all from a Sega game? It must be a
pretty intimate game, with people knowing their names
and wanting to see them, sing. The players name on GTA SA is Carl,
no desire at all to see him perform. I'll now google Miku Day
to save you the trouble:)

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
Basically, SEGA likes to pretend they own part of it, but they don't.

All of this is based on a vocal synthesizer program called Vocaloid. Miku Hatsune is basically the mascot for the most popular of the programs (the characters are named after the program they are the mascot for). The programs have been around for at least 4 years, and there's at least 20+ official Vocaloid programs, plus tons of fan made, and troll programs made from everything from 2ch's VIP board, to just random users making their own solo projects.

So there's literally thousands and thousands of songs made by random users for each Vocaloid, and they cover tons of different genres. Each Vocaloid has a set recommended tempo, genre, and so on, and they each come with a Japanese voice, male or female, or in some cases, they are made bilingual, like Luka Megurine. And to be honest, most of the fan made songs are way, way better than any of the official music, since fans com up with way more variety for what they compose. Most people that compose with Vocaloid upload the songs along with PVs they made themselves onto Nico Nico extremely often. A few people even got edited versions of their songs into the games, and into the concerts.

SEGA made 4 games based on the music (one of them won't be out until this Summer), which are all rhythm games, and they were one of the sponsors for the concert from the videos posted. So because SEGA puts Miku as a cameo character in alot of their games, they like to pretend they own rights to Vocaloid, but they don't at all, as far as I'm aware.

And Miku Day is March 9th, and it's a recognized holiday in Japan, but not official or anything. It's that day since 39 can be read as Mi-Ku, and they make tons of 39 puns and references for media involving her. And since she's the most well known, and overall most popular with fans, she's pretty much the figure-head for Vocaloid.

I've been a huge fan of Vocaloid for around 3 years now, so I know tons of useless info about all this stuff. lol There's tons and tons more info about all this, but that would take forever to cover, so I hope this helps a bit.

If you want to check it out, here is the Vocaloid wiki. Link

If you want to check out some more songs, this Youtube channel uploads stuff from what Nico Nico users make pretty often, and usually posts around 5+ songs a week. Link.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
kagami hawke

Thank you for that! Hearing Japanese in an
aggressive pop song is beautiful! I don't know any of
the words but it really speaks to me, somehow.
Wow! I found one with subtitles..Good writing.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
More Miku

I've delved, divined, or just gone deeper
into the vocaloids music. It is very soothing..
Here's a song with an auto-visual..
Hatsune_Miku_Silence
search her name on youtube and you'll be busy for hours..

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
I upload the Cd of that concert (flac files, not mp3) here

and this is a Vocaloid/Hatsune Miku song sung by a Real girl 0.0 (very fast and intense)

Enjoy!

[youtube]qz8lWzCmMcg[/youtube]

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
I love listening miku's songs singed by real girls.

especially this one singed by a 4yo girl :inlove2:
[youtube]gkGZ65gyLYc[/youtube]

[youtube]QSUGl-_Goog[/youtube]

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
hey eze!

check out these crazy girls! It's like a real live
cartoon world!

[fullattach]520448[/fullattach]

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
Hatsune Miku - Love is War

My new favourite song
-
Love is war (english subs) vid

[youtube]ODmRIOfeCfg[/youtube]

I prefer the PANDORA mix version :pandalaugh:
download below
| |
VV

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
thx eze! i definitely downloaded both of them but it doesn't register I guess. I was listening to this concert in my car today. the bass player is really good. I also re-watched 'silence' fullscreen. great tune! Thanks again.. 8)

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
i think this is Miku's best song; quite adult theme and catchy music

[youtube]ACguDuseVQk[/youtube]

it's also one of the few songs i perfected on the PSP game (yeah, i suck...)

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
This guys are crazy :pandalaugh:

[youtube]uo4lnw3UWkc[/youtube]

[youtube]tMXisYJ60O0[/youtube]

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
【初音ミク】 - Corpse Attack!

[youtube]gZw65YH4_Ow[/youtube]
-----------