Virtual Girlfriend Do It For You?

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
Some Japanese men are wooing girlfriends who don’t exist. While they can only interact with their partner through a pre-written script, these virtual beauties — Rinko, Manaka or Nene — offer a kind of instant emotional connection at the tap of a stylus. The girls can kiss, “hold” a player’s hand, exchange flirtatious text messages and even snap out in anger if the player leaves a conversation. It’s one of Japan’s biggest gaming phenomenons called Love Plus – available on the Nintendo portable consoles and the iPhone.

http://time.com/3998563/virtual-love-japan/

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
I wouldn't use something like that, but I can definitely see why people would play a game like that. If you think about it, it's very sad that so many people turn to something like that, but it's also understandable. There is also a VR game called "Summer Lesson" coming up I think in which you tutor girls. I think you can either teach the white girl Japanese or the Japanese girl English. So it's supposed to be a tool to help you learn languages, but we all know that's only part of the appeal...