Virtual Girlfriend Do It For You?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
Some Japanese men are wooing girlfriends who don’t exist. While they can only interact with their partner through a pre-written script, these virtual beauties — Rinko, Manaka or Nene — offer a kind of instant emotional connection at the tap of a stylus. The girls can kiss, “hold” a player’s hand, exchange flirtatious text messages and even snap out in anger if the player leaves a conversation. It’s one of Japan’s biggest gaming phenomenons called Love Plus – available on the Nintendo portable consoles and the iPhone.

http://time.com/3998563/virtual-love-japan/

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
I wouldn't use something like that, but I can definitely see why people would play a game like that. If you think about it, it's very sad that so many people turn to something like that, but it's also understandable. There is also a VR game called "Summer Lesson" coming up I think in which you tutor girls. I think you can either teach the white girl Japanese or the Japanese girl English. So it's supposed to be a tool to help you learn languages, but we all know that's only part of the appeal...