Status
Not open for further replies.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
You can now give each other reputation points (both positive and negative) as well as feedback without posting in a thread saying "thanks".

Simply click on the reputation icon
reputation.gif
on the post.

This contributes to the number of green dots
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
you have. You can also see reputation comments in your User CP

You can also give thanks and quick reputation points by clicking the thanks button on posts.

Please make use of these features. High rep points will be rewarded somehow in the future.

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
if thanks add to reps...

why does ryuuga have 1 green dot, with 1,160 thanks and you have 2 green dots, with 403 thanks?

does it only apply for thanks given from now on?

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Precisely...

If I'd enabled the rep system from the beginning then he'd have like...20 green dots.

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
Precisely...

If I'd enabled the rep system from the beginning then he'd have like...20 green dots.

psssh. that's not fair. Now, all the time and energy I've put into my conniving and post bumping for the thanks was meaningless without the green dots. I've wasted my life.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
psssh. that's not fair. Now, all the time and energy I've put into my conniving and post bumping for the thanks was meaningless without the green dots. I've wasted my life.

lucanaoe has a point. I think it was a good move by chompy, but with so many members sensitive to their reputation here, it seems a little unfair that members with a better current reputation can have a lower 'green dot reputation' than members with lower current reputation. (whoa, I used the word reputation way too much there...)

And if the problem is that members aren't using the thanks button, yet the green dot reputation is effected by thanks from the thanks button, then will this really help??

Saying that, I still I think the new rep system should stay, even if it isn't entirely accurate. We do still have the thanks system, which despite the fact that many many members don't use it fairly, still provides some kind of member reputation info. And sheer post count surely still counts for something!!!

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
It's an interesting system anyway, but i don't know what you could earn with it...

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Guess we'll just ahve to wait n' see what the benefits'll be.
desioner

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
hey what determines the text displayed if you put your mouse pointer over the 1st box of the rep points?

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
hey what determines the text displayed if you put your mouse pointer over the 1st box of the rep points?
Who is that in your avatar?

the sample data says it's determined by the # of thanks given. But... Maybe both thanks and thanked, since we can't tell who's been thanked since rep system. I'm betting on just the thanks. I think hes just trying to make [crossout]us[/crossout] you feel bad for being an unthankful ingrate.

"shameless"
Me: 1 green, 286thkd, 13thx
desionar: 6 green, 1201thkd, 29thx
you: 3 green, 83thkd, 0thx

"is... just is..."
akuma2002: 1 green, 11thkd, 43thx

"good guys"
Ico: 3 green, 531thkd, 90thx
Chompy: 3 green, 412thkd, 102thx

"will become famous soon enough"
handyman: 6 green, 662thkd, 224thx

I've attached a bar chart of a larger random sampling below... (jk... what happened to tiny fonts?!)

EDIT: nevermind, it's not because of thanks, it's because of thanked.

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
hey mine's changed :goodboy:

You don't know who that is? that's Shanatan!

nope didn't know... is it any good?

where can I get some torrents of the episodes..?

EDIT: NM... googled it. it's that thing on chompy's avatar a while back.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Further clarification:

Reputation hovertext updates every 24 hours or so. It's based on rep points.

1 'thanks' = 20 rep points.

Regular reputation giving is based on rep power, which is measured according to how long you've been registered and how many reps YOU have. This only applies when giving reps via the 'scales'.

Light green dots aren't worth anything, they just show users who have received very positive reputation (as opposed to neutral/negative reps)

i.e. 5 green and 5 light green = 5, not 10.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
nope didn't know... is it any good?

where can I get some torrents of the episodes..?

EDIT: NM... googled it. it's that thing on chompy's avatar a while back.

You should try Shakugan no Shana, although it'll tough finding a batch torrent of the 1st season. You might get confused if you watch the 2nd season 1st.

btw Shanatan is just a chibi version of Shana in the specials, just like Hecatetan in the 1st special for the 1st season

aquaphx

May 2, 2009
hello, sorry for bumping old thread.
is the user rep is on/off ? cause i can't give rep, it said 'you can not give reputation to the same post twice', i haven't given any rep though.

Status
Not open for further replies.