uploadable status?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
anyone know the status of uploadable.ch free links? for perhaps 8-10 weeks, they no longer work for me. yes, there's a pop-up that needs to be clicked. but once the links appear, they just don't work. i even registered. still no luck. do they work for you? is this a problem on my end? have they disabled free links intentionally or am i missing something... secret password? keystroke combo? disable adblocker? upgrade to windows 10? any thoughts?

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Hello, Barba.

I've noticed Uploadable is no longer the "free ride" it used to be. That is, they have become sleazy. (At least the speeds are good, and there is no waiting between links... luckily.)

The reason for the sleaziness, aside from the pop-ups, is I have noticed sometimes Uploadable no longer works, and the key for me is to use different browsers. This filehoster can now be capricious, and it is frustrating.

I tried a recent link now on Chrome, and the countdown would not start after clicking on "Free Download."

Only when I tried a raw version of Firefox that I have installed (by "raw," I mean no "Adblock" or other protective add-on filters; I gave Adblock as as example, as I do not believe the problem with Uploadable is Adblock. A site that frowns upon Adblock will tell you to disable it) did the countdown begin. (After the multiple pop-ups.) I carried the process through to make certain the download began.

uploadable.jpg
The countdown

I remember times in the recent past when after the countdown had run its course, the "Start download" box would not appear. Or sometimes after filling in the CAPTCHA, the process would freeze. I'd then try another browser. (I also have Opera and Internet Explorer installed, as well as Tor Browser, the latter I have learned to stop trying with filehosters. I also have K-Meleon, which is not good for the more demanding sites, but sometimes has its place.)

Last edited:

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
Works for me but I did have to disable my adblocker to use it. With the adblocker disabled, if you're not quick you will get caught in a popup ad loop. So effing annoying :mad::mad::mad:

Here's a tip: keep your fingers ready on ctrl+w then right after you click on the "free download" button hit the ctrl+w keyboard shortcut to instantly close the popup window. Works like a charm.

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
thanks guys. i'll give it a try. no choice, really.

let's see... play musical browsers and be ready with the pop-up swatter.
the things we do for love...

Reactions: needs more loli

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
With NoScript the pop ups appear once, no loop, and the ads don't show in the pop ups.

But yeah, people should strongly consider using a different filehost.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
Well ads aside, its the fastest free filehost at the moment aside from MEGA. Which btw why does no one ever use MEGA? It's the easiest, and the fastest, and supports large files sizes. No parts 1-10 BS.

Reactions: asdfaznz

asdfaznz

Dec 19, 2014
I love using MEGA but the more MEGA is used the faster it will get shut down, and the day when the previous Megaupload got shut down was a very sad day.

It seems uploadable has changed to bigfile, not much has changed, active uploadable links automatically were converted to bigfile links, but bigfiles free size limit is 400 mb instead of 500 mb, so any links in between are no longer free! Damnit!

Reactions: needs more loli

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
Sad day indeed. But regardless, all my uploads are to MEGA I'm not here to make people jump through hoops all day just to get their fap on.

uploadable's file size change is complete shit. They pretty much just killed all uploadable links :lempar:

Reactions: asdfaznz

asdfaznz

Dec 19, 2014
I have way too many ghost accounts since MEGA cracked down on their 50 gb limit per free account so unfortunately I will stick to sharing via free filejoker and torrent :lol:

The one good thing I can say about uploadable/bigfile is the speed since I dl at max bandwidth. Some of the other ones like uploaded, while its nice that their links stay up longer, dl at like 1/3 - 1/4 of my maximum bandwidth. 1+ hour part downloads AND a wait time? No thanks!

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
as i was the original bad-mouther of uploadable (which i had re-christened ‘unusable’ as of late), i should pass on this update, even if some of you surely know already. uploadable’s free links are working again without making you jump through hoops. when you click on a link now, you are redirected to a site called www.bigfile.to, and a page with your specific link. i’m always suspicious of redirects, but these are benign and official. as a free user, you have the usual waits, passwords, and download limitations. but over all, it seems comparable to what it was before all the madness.

illegitimi non carborundum

Gitarooman

Apr 25, 2008
anyone use datafile before? Im trying to find a paypal reseller, but I am not sure which one is realiable

asdfaznz

Dec 19, 2014
anyone use datafile before? Im trying to find a paypal reseller, but I am not sure which one is realiable

I've used Hotfilepremiumstore twice in the past. Pretty reliable. Can't remember how long exactly but they delivered within 1 day. They resell more than 50 other sites besides datafile too.