Upgrading Your LIbrary of Titles: Do You?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I'm pretty sure I remember this conversation somewhere on Akiba, but, I can't find it for the life of me, so, please forgive me if this new thread isn't necessary, I can sure ask that it be moved (or outright taken down!).

While working on my archive solution I've come across titles that for one reason or another I chose not to, back in the day, acquire an FHD version of. Now that I view them again I ask myself What were you thinking?! So, for a good number I've identified so far I've made a listing of the ones I'd like to now get the FHD versions of (if available).

Because I store my files on dual later blu-ray discs I can't rightly just delete and replace or overwrite files, so, I'll have to have them listed twice in my archive, which is fine, I suppose. I actually did, back a while, remove the lower resolution record from the my database but I've since regretted that and I wish I could remember which one so I could restore it. But, oh well.

Does anyone else re-acquire titles in higher resolution/quality from time to time? Always? For any reasons other than having a FHD version?

For example, click the thumbnail below to see some documented upgrades of MEAT-001, MEAT-008, and MEAT-012 that I've tackled so far. And look at that! It was MEAT-002 that I had removed before leaving only the FHD left! Haha! Time to restore that record!

upgrades.jpg

Last edited:

cookiemon

Oct 31, 2018
I'm a weirdo. I purge my collection every so often, but do make an effort to re-acquire FHD versions of those i want to keep. If it's not available, 720p is good enough. Rarely i'm able to "upgrade" from 480p to 1080p, it's either 480p > 720p or 720p > 1080p.

It then reached a point where i ran out of disk space, so for those retail titles (S1, Ideapocket types) i actually cut out only the scenes i like (compilations have actresses i have no interest in) but shrank down to 720p from 1080p. I find that i'm usually multi-tasking when i'm watching JAV; i can be surfing the net or editing some other videos/music while the video plays in the background so the player window is half-sized anyway. 720p is good enough in most cases.

Only web-releases (Caribbeancom, FC2, 200GANA, SIRO types) i keep at 1080p because most of them are usually feature-length by themselves so there is nothing to cut. Also, i like Jap uncensored stuff, so i'm less picky with them. I find mosaic in studio titles to be "boring", i don't derive much pleasure from those compared to uncensored ones. Although 200GANA and SIRO series have mosaic, some of the amateurs are quite hot so i keep them. I have weird standards...