updating BBCode options

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
It would be nice to have the
 option, for example, as it allows for preformatted monospacing (which is otherwise ignored and one is tempted to use the "code" function.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
As usual I get all the attention in this section as a deadfrog. What? I am suppose to gather a petition? if you can't or just don't feel like it adding the BBCode function someone could at least just say that. I mean really....

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
you could just wait a few days. i'm not looking into akiba every day. I already have read your post, but I don't know what exactly you want to have.
preformatted mono-space? Like that in .nfo-Files?

i won't install this bb-code-manager, since it's not needed (and a bit shitty)
also i'm tempted to not do anything, since you are a bit annoying...

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
also i'm tempted to not do anything, since you are a bit annoying...

Annoying? I am an outright asshole. I would go as far to say that I might even be a blight on the good name of humanity and most people would be better off never knowing of my existence.

Honestly, I was just waving my hand in the air trying to get someones attention, I had no idea you had seen the post, sry. If it is something you can find the time to do, cool. If not, life goes on. Thanks either way.

looking for:

display block of text with whitespace preserved

It is a custom BBCode they came up with in 2010:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=579376&start=3075

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
           all
blanks           are
preserved 

Code:
[pre]           all
blanks           are
preserved [/pre]

haven't found yet a nice icon. so it's manuall, but i think that should also be okay?

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
haven't found yet a nice icon. so it's manuall, but i think that should also be okay?

More than okay. I do a most of my BBCode manually anyway (though some of the auto functions are handy too). I will update my posts soon and I will get a lot of use out of this!

Thank you so much for your consideration,

Ceewan

Samourai_salut.gif

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Didn't quite work out like I wanted or thought it would.

Example
This is how it would print normally:

Starring

Aya Hirano
Tomokazu Sugita
Minori Chihara
Yūko Gotō
Daisuke Ono
Natsuko Kuwatani
Yuki Matsuoka
Minoru Shiraishi
Megumi Matsumoto
Sayaka Aoki

using the pre bbcode

Starring 	

Aya Hirano
    Tomokazu Sugita
    Minori Chihara
    Yūko Gotō
    Daisuke Ono
    Natsuko Kuwatani
    Yuki Matsuoka
    Minoru Shiraishi
    Megumi Matsumoto
    Sayaka Aoki

The way it should come out (used the code feature)
Code:
Starring 	

Aya Hirano
    Tomokazu Sugita
    Minori Chihara
    Yūko Gotō
    Daisuke Ono
    Natsuko Kuwatani
    Yuki Matsuoka
    Minoru Shiraishi
    Megumi Matsumoto
    Sayaka Aoki

not sure what happened here but you can see the pre function actually added spaces and changed the type format and maybe even the type size.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
fixed.

xenforo added an additional line-break conversion - so a normal linebreak will be replaced with an html-br-tag. then the line-break within the pre is preserved -> thus 2 line-breaks.

sorry about that.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
fixed.

xenforo added an additional line-break conversion - so a normal linebreak will be replaced with an html-br-tag. then the line-break within the pre is preserved -> thus 2 line-breaks.

sorry about that.

Sorry? It was nice of you to go through all the trouble. Thanks. I will put it to good use here.