Unnecessary Censorship (Gravure Edition)

keniou

Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing. Do you have some more edition (like mayumi yamanaka) please ?:confetti:

R35GTR

Apr 25, 2008
I hear/read from years ago that a Mormon from Utah started that bubbly "trend" above... aka "unnecessary censorship".

Last edited by a moderator:

asylum09

Nov 23, 2009
Any chance of a small tutorial or guide on how to do this ???

Any program that works in Layers (Gimp is a free one) will work. Simply put the picture on a bottom layer, create a new empty layer on top of it, and fill it (the empty layer) with your color of choice. That will hide the picture under it. Make the layer 50% or so transparent so you can see the picture under it. Then, just take your eraser tool and turn it into the shape of a circle and start cropping out parts from the colored layer, avoiding any clothed areas. Once you're satisfied, change the opacity (transparency) back up to 100% on the colored layer, then merge the 2 layers and save the image.

It's actually really simple to figure out just looking at the picture. The technique is called "Bubbling" I think.

Reactions: 2 people

javr

Dec 3, 2009
Now that's an interesting trick. It certainly seems straight forward, but I don't suppose you would bless us with a quick tutorial?

As you say, it's basically using face or head replacement method. Finding a matching picture make the job a lot easier.
Add a little mosaic or blur censor filter also help to hide the imperfect replacement job.

javr

Dec 3, 2009
Another style I have seen and tried out is what I called it the "shower glass" technique.
It basically make use of the "crop-circle" method. Instead of using a solid colored top layer, it uses a blurred translucent one.
Creating a steamed-glass effect in front of the picture.

Y0J5kyfY.gif

Full image
Gif image

house

May 12, 2008
Any program that works in Layers (Gimp is a free one) will work. Simply put the picture on a bottom layer, create a new empty layer on top of it, and fill it (the empty layer) with your color of choice. That will hide the picture under it. Make the layer 50% or so transparent so you can see the picture under it. Then, just take your eraser tool and turn it into the shape of a circle and start cropping out parts from the colored layer, avoiding any clothed areas. Once you're satisfied, change the opacity (transparency) back up to 100% on the colored layer, then merge the 2 layers and save the image.

It's actually really simple to figure out just looking at the picture. The technique is called "Bubbling" I think.

Thanks, most kind of you to post this.