Unnecessary Censorship (Gravure Edition)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

keniou

Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing. Do you have some more edition (like mayumi yamanaka) please ?:confetti:

R35GTR

Apr 25, 2008
I hear/read from years ago that a Mormon from Utah started that bubbly "trend" above... aka "unnecessary censorship".

Last edited by a moderator:

asylum09

Nov 23, 2009
Any chance of a small tutorial or guide on how to do this ???

Any program that works in Layers (Gimp is a free one) will work. Simply put the picture on a bottom layer, create a new empty layer on top of it, and fill it (the empty layer) with your color of choice. That will hide the picture under it. Make the layer 50% or so transparent so you can see the picture under it. Then, just take your eraser tool and turn it into the shape of a circle and start cropping out parts from the colored layer, avoiding any clothed areas. Once you're satisfied, change the opacity (transparency) back up to 100% on the colored layer, then merge the 2 layers and save the image.

It's actually really simple to figure out just looking at the picture. The technique is called "Bubbling" I think.

Reactions: 2 people

javr

Dec 3, 2009
Now that's an interesting trick. It certainly seems straight forward, but I don't suppose you would bless us with a quick tutorial?

As you say, it's basically using face or head replacement method. Finding a matching picture make the job a lot easier.
Add a little mosaic or blur censor filter also help to hide the imperfect replacement job.

javr

Dec 3, 2009
Another style I have seen and tried out is what I called it the "shower glass" technique.
It basically make use of the "crop-circle" method. Instead of using a solid colored top layer, it uses a blurred translucent one.
Creating a steamed-glass effect in front of the picture.

Y0J5kyfY.gif

Full image
Gif image

house

May 12, 2008
Any program that works in Layers (Gimp is a free one) will work. Simply put the picture on a bottom layer, create a new empty layer on top of it, and fill it (the empty layer) with your color of choice. That will hide the picture under it. Make the layer 50% or so transparent so you can see the picture under it. Then, just take your eraser tool and turn it into the shape of a circle and start cropping out parts from the colored layer, avoiding any clothed areas. Once you're satisfied, change the opacity (transparency) back up to 100% on the colored layer, then merge the 2 layers and save the image.

It's actually really simple to figure out just looking at the picture. The technique is called "Bubbling" I think.

Thanks, most kind of you to post this.