too many single threads here! (other downloads)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

whisper

Apr 1, 2008
i won't name names, but too many people have single thread uploads...many are posted within minutes of each other.

We need to curb this habit or cull these wasteful people...

Just an observation!

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
no reason to start a discussion in the downloads sections...

thread moved - thread title edited

biohazard14

Feb 12, 2009
i won't name names, but too many people have single thread uploads...many are posted within minutes of each other.

We need to curb this habit or cull these wasteful people...

Just an observation!

I completely agree. One of the newer posters (who doesn't know english) is just reposting files from my megathread over and over again. He gets away with crossposting too. Not sure what to do. I need to find a moderator but none are online.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
I completely agree. One of the newer posters (who doesn't know english) is just reposting files from my megathread over and over again. He gets away with crossposting too. Not sure what to do. I need to find a moderator but none are online.
report.gif
report.gif
the threads. Include a link to your original threads in the report message.

Reporting posts is the best way to make moderators aware of them.

biohazard14

Feb 12, 2009
report.gif
report.gif
the threads. Include a link to your original threads in the report message.

Reporting posts is the best way to make moderators aware of them.

I did report it. Here's the thread: http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585619

He's started a megathread now and has named it "his collection" despite the fact I posted all of it first. He's copied file information and screenshots straight from my website. Now he's posting Western Content. If this was me I'd have so many infractions by now.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
The way the rules are currently made, you can't punish someone to repost the same content to a different hoster.

In general you should have a disclaimer that says to not repost what you uploaded (if whatever you post really belongs to you at first). I've seen that he even put few mirrors on your thread now, for this you can complain.

And we're talking about the Other Downloads section where you find mostly random clips, I would not put many efforts to clean the place.

We are more eager to act on the JAV/IV sections because there are uploaders buying and ripping exclusive material there.

Posting western material is another story. :sadomaso:

biohazard14

Feb 12, 2009
The way the rules are currently made, you can't punish someone to repost the same content to a different hoster.

In general you should have a disclaimer that says to not repost what you uploaded (if whatever you post really belongs to you at first). I've seen that he even put few mirrors on your thread now, for this you can complain.

And we're talking about the Other Downloads section where you find mostly random clips, I would not put many efforts to clean the place.

We are more eager to act on the JAV/IV sections because there are uploaders buying and ripping exclusive material there.

Posting western material is another story. :sadomaso:

I have told him not to post my files through PM but that just made him post even more. My proof that they're my files is within the files themselves. I put a small watermark on every video file to show that I uploaded it first. The names of the files is exactly the same too, with _FXXXB removed at end. Surely it is bad posting etiquette to directly copy someones thread to another host? Even the screenshots I made, and the file information I provided are copied. I do all of the work and he just copies it without any consideration for the original poster.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. Could you please delete his mirrors from my thread?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Siding here with biohazard.