THE RISE AND FALL OF ANIME FANSUBS - a documentary

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
[youtube]IUYlqLlbix0[/youtube]

[youtube]yoJ_BWQ9Kow[/youtube]

[youtube]PFu9lh37X34[/youtube]

[youtube]ED3HAEjKUl0[/youtube]

A little long. He makes his point and provides examples to show what he is talking about or to illustrate a point. He makes a lot of good points some of which like in the 2nd part I feel also applies to some licensed anime when it comes to translators being too lazy to find an American equivalent or to work around it. Because I notice some dubbed anime using Japanese honorifics and the Japanese name of fighting moves, and siblings being addressed as big brother or big sister and even characters that are not related to each other being addressed as big brother or big sister.

camlost245

Swollen Member
Mar 1, 2009
I thought he had some good points. I don't know if "The Rise and Fall of Anime Fansubs" is an accurate title though. Maybe "Professional Translator gets his panties all bunched up over amateur fansubs" would be a better title.

I kind of thought it would be more about the rise of popularity of fansubs and their leading to distribution companies making online subs available immediately through sites like FunAnimation and Crunchyroll, thus eliminating the need for fansubs.

Anyway thanks for the share.