Awkward moments at Baltimore anime convention as art form comes of age

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikier

JAPAN:みんなのあい
Nov 13, 2008
I HATE AMERICA. ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL; here's 2 reasons (out of many) why:

#1: what they did to japan is UNFORGIVABLE!! & WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.
they could have found another fucking way to end the war. all those people that were killed!!!!!!!!!!, i feel this deep pain in my heart that won't go away!!!!; call it what you wanna, but it still wont change the reality of how i feel. this heart ache wont stop; it doesn't interfere with daily life. but, it hurts when i think about it.

I REALLY LOVE JAPAN AND ALL ITS PEOPLE; the good people that is.

#2: i have a theory (just a theory, but a damn legit one that stands solidly on its base) that they are responsible for the wars they are currently in.

i'll only use this country, only, how i see fit, in order to one day leave it.

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
Is it me or does it seem 90% of the time when a newspaper sends some one to cover an anime convention it's always some liberal right wing nut bag? If people like him keep saying what they do then in about 5 years I see the media calling Otaku-ism the new "Fetish" of our generation.

Apr 11, 2007
Because we let anti-war faggots write the modern rules of combat.
This why we do not bomb the fuck out of cities like we did in WWI and WWII before sending in troops for mop up duty.
Discards the civilized opposers of his military regime as "anti-war faggots".
Makes analogy of ground forces to a cleaning instrument.
(Not brainwashed at all, no signs of extremism...)

So in otherwords you used two self hating Americans for your source of tin foil hate revisionist history. I still see that you are still too chicken to say what country you are from. You shouldn't dish it out if you can't take it.
Declares an internationally reknowned doctor of high age who holds lectures in universities worlwide a "self hating American".
Calls Martin Luther King, one of the greatest philanthropists and visionaries in human history, a "self hating American". (My personal favourite so far! Absolutely brilliant...)
Discards both their fundamentally/academically sound statements as "tin foil hate revisionist history".
Insults me for not accomodating to his resort of nationalism over rational thinking in order to give him ground for further generalized hate speech regarding my supposed origin.
Again... (Not brainwashed at all. Not the slightest hint of ignorance, nor radical militarism) :negligent:

I will say that generally revisionist historians are full of crap and this is not, nor has it ever been, considered fact by anybody.

The truth is [...]
Completely discards all historic revision which opposes his military regime as noncredible, only to revise prior points in the way he deems "correct", thus completely disregarding the main fundament of every academic discourse worldwide by placing personal opinion over empiricism.
(Not brainwashed at all. No signs of ignorance...)

We never officially went to war with the people of Afganistan, we went to war against the Taliban and Al Queda.
Uses the self personalization "we" for the military regime he was assimilated in.
Implies the same (highly questionable) intent of militarism which was used for 90% of the middle eastern invasions and profit driven oppression is perfectly justified.
(Not brainwashed at all. Not the slightest hint of imperialism or fascism...) :dunno:

I HATE AMERICA. ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL
While the majority of the world population may agree with your statement, I came to know that "hate" is never an answer and will inevitably end you up at the very same level of those you condemn. Japan as well is responsible for some of the most cruel war crimes ever commited by humankind, yet they were on the same mind state as many Americans today. Deceit themselves by propaganda and the assimilating to the system that's been given to them. They simply don't know better or are too afraid to break out of the hive. Another reason why nationalism is regarded a relic of tribes era and a sign of low self value. It takes a lot more courage to stand up and say "NO!", rather than resorting to blind hate and violence. A virtue humans in general need to learn to reach the next step of evolution.
There's always the right way or the "easy" way.

That being said, I'm officially out of here.
There's no reason to waste my time with discussions that lead to nowhere.

"Probably, no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both" - Abraham Flexner (Self hating American)

"Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived." - Abraham Lincoln (Pro-league self hating American)
:nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou: :nou:

lactophilia

Nov 18, 2008
That being said, I'm officially out of here.
There's no reason to waste my time with discussions that lead to nowhere.

Have to agree here, came myself to the same decision.

Discussions on history need a different place and time, and it certainly doesn't work if every idea that doesn't support the "official" version gets discredited as "crap". There are indeed many proofs and indications, which will of course not convince everybody. But you are right, Akiba isn't the place for that.

Cheers everyone, I'm out of this 2.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

spikier

JAPAN:みんなのあい
Nov 13, 2008
Japan as well is responsible for some of the most cruel war crimes ever commited by humankind, yet they were on the same mind state as many Americans today.

i'm not trying to make japan out to be saints, as some of you may think!. with that said, it still doesn't excuse what the Americans did.... nor will it ever in my mind.

and, the Japanese are nothing like Americans. nothing.

I've studied both Americans & the Japanese. they are nothing alike.

america is active while japan is de-active (you guys can figure out what that means).

i don't wanna start a new argument about what country is in the wrong, but while you all think you know the true history in what really went down, remember this!: THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.

peace out!!!!!!!!!

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Discards the civilized opposers of his military regime as "anti-war faggots".

America is not a regime. So who ever is making the claims that America is a regime especially a military regime has no idea what the fuck they are talking about and is some anti-war faggot making stuff up. You should quit reading leftist blogs or where ever else you are getting your nonsense from.

Declares an internationally reknowned doctor of high age who holds lectures in universities worlwide a "self hating American".
Calls Martin Luther King, one of the greatest philanthropists and visionaries in human history, a "self hating American". (My personal favourite so far! Absolutely brilliant...)
Discards both their fundamentally/academically sound statements as "tin foil hate revisionist history".
Insults me for not accomodating to his resort of nationalism over rational thinking in order to give him ground for further generalized hate speech regarding my supposed origin.
Again... (Not brainwashed at all. Not the slightest hint of ignorance, nor radical militarism) :negligent:

I see that you still like to dish it out but can't take it. That is why you are too chicken shit to say what country you are from.

Sergil

Jul 31, 2009
(We need Spoiler Tags)
Sorry, I was in a rush and in a rant mode at that time. Thanks though, I do agree that its a nice wake up call for parents. However, I don't agree on how they're presenting the information. It occurred to me that they were bashing such conventions and if parents read that, then they may not at all let their children go with or without them.

EDIT: I'm clearly late on this post and the discussion seems to have gone off topic.. Ah well..

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I do agree that its a nice wake up call for parents. However, I don't agree on how they're presenting the information. It occurred to me that they were bashing such conventions and if parents read that, then they may not at all let their children go with or without them.

A fair point yet I do not think they were completely unobjective. They certainly remained true to the title of the article. News is written so that it is interesting and most often is colored in one light or another, (and that is before the editors red ink hits the story). Controversy sells newspapers. 30,000 fans showed up at that anime convention in Baltimore and a reporter was asked to do a story on it. In an anime based fan magazine an entirely different subjective view would have been represented. I think it might be too much to expect for people who are new to the anime/manga craze to understand and feel about the subject the same way the fans do. People that go to comic cons and sci-fi conventions are still misunderstood and belittled by the media. Those conventions have been going on in the USA for decades.

denkicash

Jan 9, 2008
i know im stating the obvious here but...the world is fucked. some countries contribute to that less than others but in the end we are all a pack of retards. all

The biggest problem is you aren't stating the obvious, least wise not in the minds of the drooling masses who are largely oblivious to how fucked we are.

Every single country is severely fucked for different reasons. I'm glad I'm mortal and won't have to watch this parade of ass-clowns indefinitely :piripi:

If that dwarf star thing does totally wreck everything on September 26th it'll probably be doing us a favour in the long term. None of these retarded systems the world operates (be they credit based capitalism, fundamentalist religion or hardcore propaganda based social manipulation, etc etc) are never going to willing lay down and admit they are doing it wrong and a new solution needs to be found.

Though if there is a cataclysm coming it'll suck pretty bad for me being a typical middle class weakling who has grown up with no mentionable survival skills.

denkicash

Jan 9, 2008
America is not a regime. So who ever is making the claims that America is a regime especially a military regime has no idea what the fuck they are talking about.

Dude, everything is a regime.

Technically, any social system is a regime e.g.: your mom.

In colloquial reality a regime is any government that any other government doesn't approve of. If you live in North Korea, South Korea is a regime, if you live in America, Iran is, if you are in prison, that prison is a regime etc.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
regime:
"system of government or rule," 1792, from Fr. régime, from Latin regimen "rule, guidance, government," from regere (see regal). In Fr., l'ancien régime refers to the system of government before the revolution of 1789.

Yet the American government is different from your standard governing systems in place in the world. Not only is it a republic, (yes a republic, not a democracy), but it is a series of checks and balances divided into three branches, (legislative,executive and judicial), in order to have a seperation of powers. The separation of powers prevents the same person or branch of government from having full power to make, enforce, and interpret the nation's laws. The American government is in constant flux and forever changing, growing and, (hopefully), learning.

The term regime, although technically applicable, is usually reseverved for dictatorships and more stringent linear governments. The term military regime has always been used to define military dictatorships. (A form of government where the political power resides in the military. Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East have been common areas for military dictatorships.) So any objection to America being referred to as a regime is most likely objecting to it being compared to a dictatorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.