Special rule for this sub-forum: 7 days exclusivity for new uploads

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
as from this post we are extending the 7-day rule from the JI section to this section as well,
so all original posts from now on have a full 7 days of exclusive post

there is amendment to this post as some are trying to get around the spirit of this rule

THIS INCLUDES TORRENTS so please wait the 7 days before posting, it is very easy to tell as wherever you are in the world, you have your own time zone

Reactions: erochichi2

jwiz

Akiba Citizen
Apr 6, 2007
Because pic post affiliates have an incentive to post and repost multiple versions of the same file, or torrented file, there should be a rule to limit the posting of an original file.

Once upon a time there was an ethic where you could NOT repost a torrent without acknowledging the original. These days, all anybody needs to do is modify the byte length of a file so it passes a checksum, and they are granted "Original Poster" status.

I suspect the original sources of these files will agree. They post/torrent an ISO or a HQ encode, then a spammer, and they are spammers, STEAL attention away from these HQ sources.

Please do not ask me what I think must be done. I am only acknowledging the issue. Others with agree or complain. I am only here to spray paint an obnoxious symbol on the wall.

1) We need to protect the original sources. Hence the 7-day rule for file posters.
2) We need to ban reposting of original torrents. Only 1 torrent is needed. That's the point of torrented files. Duh!
3) We need to ban reposting of low-quality files that only serve to compete with the original hq file.

Please understand I am not suggesting banning choice. Lower quality, smaller, iffy-files are WONDERFUL. That's an increase of choice. I'm referring to the flood of pic-post spammers which are simply cut-n-pasting source files and sucking-up valuable bittorrent swarm resources. P2P depends on choices but unfortunately the more choices of low-quality .torrent files there are the LESS choices there are for swarm network connections due to network segmentation. THIS IS THE OVERRIDING ETHICS OF BITTORRENT. Always has been. Pick a source and stick to it.

Mods, and users, please:

1) Figure out a way to make sure the best possible, original, source is reposted.
2) Lesser quality sources are required to be described as such. Drive-by reposting of shit should not be tolerated.
3) Simply require all poster to describe the source of their torrent, or simply say "I don't know." Downloadus Emptor.

Personally I think all files should be required to be hashed, with a minimum of 10% parity or erasure code. The internet is moving to a named data network structure so it would do good for the AO community to get used to it.

My name is jwiz,
I am awesome.

:bow-pray:

Reactions: erochichi2

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I have to agree with a lot of what you said Jwiz (leaving out the "I am awesome" :pandalaugh:)

not giving credit, that for me is bad taste, manners, and sheer ignorance of others, sharing has entered a new era, (now it is about fuck you and I am only thinking of myself and money if I can get it) which is a real pity, (I am in the middle of a debate at the moment, which is basically greed).

but all these double posting torrents need to be reported, and other minor mishaps, like not being 100% fulfilled, we need to know this

Reactions: jwiz and erochichi2

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
What about "one thread per code" rule, with first post being modified to have list of torrents included in thread, IF there are many comments?

Little Chucky

Hi, I'm Chucky, Wanna Play?
Aug 28, 2013
why can i download a video from the torrent section and immediately post it on the direct download section?
I've seen videos been posted in the torrent section and a few hours later someone who has downloaded the video from the torrent is already posting it in the direct download section
Why is that allowed because it would make sense if the rule would also apply for the direct download section.
Is it so that the posters in the direct download section can make money as a premium subscriber of a filehost and so receive money from their referral program?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
it was torrents that made the ddl

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
why can i download a video from the torrent section and immediately post it on the direct download section?
I've seen videos been posted in the torrent section and a few hours later someone who has downloaded the video from the torrent is already posting it in the direct download section
Why is that allowed because it would make sense if the rule would also apply for the direct download section.
Is it so that the posters in the direct download section can make money as a premium subscriber of a filehost and so receive money from their referral program?
As both this subforum and the DDL subforum has a 7-day exclusivity rule my understanding is that you shouldn't be, whoever made the latter upload is breaking the rules is he not?
Unless it's in a different format etc.

Little Chucky

Hi, I'm Chucky, Wanna Play?
Aug 28, 2013
Its my understanding that its allowed to download a video from a torrent and immediately post it in the ddl section

But if i download something from the ddl section i must wait 7 days before posting it on the torrent section.

I can provide proof if you want but just check the ddl section and the torrrent section at the same time and you will notice that a few ddl uploads are 1 or 2 days later as the torrent uploads

Proof?
Jackston posted
[ENCO-039] Reika Shinjo - Innocence [ISO/4.22GB] yesterday and today somebody posted the dvd in the ddl section
Why is that allowed?

loki777loki

Akiba Citizen
Jan 13, 2014
Little Chucky
This is rule only for torrent IV-idols and JR idols section, discrimination :belajar:
but even 7-day rule don't work properly, you can always find torrents that posted with no waiting 7 days :yareyare:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

loki777loki

Akiba Citizen
Jan 13, 2014
what! all sections

report it
OMG.... 7 day rule it's only for this 2 section,
read rules akiba-online before give this kind answer, there are no word about "7-days rule"
and read 1st post

coolkevin said: ↑
as from this post we are extending the 7-day rule from the JI section to this section as well,

2. When I report, you ban me because you say that posted torrent after 1-6 days not brake "7-days rule"

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
OMG.... 7 day rule it's only for this 2 section,
read rules akiba-online before give this kind answer, there are no word about "7-days rule"
and read 1st post

coolkevin said: ↑

2. When I report, you ban me because you say that posted torrent after 1-6 days not brake "7-days rule"

WHAT now try reading the rules, on each sub-section,

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

loki777loki

Akiba Citizen
Jan 13, 2014
"Idol DVD & Bluray Downloads
Special rules for this sub-forum
4) New releases in this sub-forum should not be re-uploaded or torrented immediately. Please wait at least 7 days. This rule does not apply to different versions or encodings.

so we can post torrents here with same title and don't wait 7 days if it's different versions or encodings... right ? or it's rule work only in "Idol DVD & Bluray Downloads"

Reactions: checotto

checotto

Panchira aficionado
Mar 12, 2010
"Idol DVD & Bluray Downloads
Special rules for this sub-forum
4) New releases in this sub-forum should not be re-uploaded or torrented immediately. Please wait at least 7 days. This rule does not apply to different versions or encodings.

so we can post torrents here with same title and don't wait 7 days if it's different versions or encodings... right ? or it's rule work only in "Idol DVD & Bluray Downloads"

thanks a lot for all y/efforts for us freak-members :doa: