SPAM

indreamsiwalk

with you...
Apr 8, 2007
yuck... forum spammers are the worst! but why they'd want to spam here... lol

Yeah, particularly considering that otaku are not famous for their interest in fashion. :snicker:

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Maybe that's why -- because we're an untapped market! You've got to be savvy to stay alive in the cutthroat world of business! :bingo:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006

nosihc

May 12, 2007
surely it tough to start a website and forum
i'd install my website and forum several time and all end up a dead city.OMG

indreamsiwalk

with you...
Apr 8, 2007
Well, because we're among the top 5000 websites on the internet and that we literally get millions of hits every day.
It's only expected that some leeches become interested in our success.
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/akiba-online.com

View attachment 71044
No wonder they're jealous.

They're ranked considerably lower than even my modest site, and I hardly ever update it. Instead of wasting energy (and probably money) with this kind of spamming, they should do some basic homework on how to raise their Google ranking, or even buy some Google AdSense space. :dunno: If there's one thing worse than a professional spammer, it's an amateur spammer. :snicker:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
But he spammed the whole site in the meantime, just sighted the forum and nearly found spam posts only, can his IP be recognized and can it be banned, or is it changing permanently?

xeruel

黒英雄伝説
Mar 22, 2008
this gonna be hellwork for mods, the way is see it JAV section got most attacks than others.

wotaku

wota-kun
Mar 8, 2008
New page again filled by the same SPAMer :(
He started copying legit threads' titles too... putting a post frequency limit and / or CAPTCHA for newly registered users would help a lot at this point. Fame has it's drawbacks.

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
lol got rid of the spam account. IP ban probably won't work since he can easily obtain a new IP >> this is never ending

ya got rid of another two at the JAV torrents section. lol i'll contribute for once lol

cube

Abstract Expressionist
May 29, 2007
Logged back in after months of inactivity and the forum is under SPAM attack? Say it isn't so.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
OK it was kinda getting out of hand, so I've taken steps to make sure this spammer stops. Some other forum can put up with it.

Just report the spam where you see it, like you have been doing.

Thanks guys.

StrikePhoenix

Account
Nov 10, 2007
Great to have some measures in check. Spammers sure are persistent.:ban: Must be earning big bucks to spam.:evillaugh:

nosihc

May 12, 2007
Great to have some measures in check. Spammers sure are persistent.:ban: Must be earning big bucks to spam.:evillaugh:

in most big forum
very often the spam stop before anybody reading it:shake:
spam effects to the mid-small forum the most
which they have only a one or two admit and the admit in most case are not there to delete spam:sick::sick::sick:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Our admin is lazy and has his monkeys do all the slave labour.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
The SPAM strikes were never gone, it's just that us mods cleaned them before most of you saw them.