Site down for 2 days?

EnterTheVoid

Jan 13, 2007
Was the site down for 2 days or so? I've been unable to access it since Wednesday night and it seems there's a gap in the thread dates.

Just curious.

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Was the site down for 2 days or so? I've been unable to access it since Wednesday night and it seems there's a gap in the thread dates.

Just curious.
Same here.. After the site got back up this morning (in my case) I was looking for a thread about the down time but found nothing. I kept getting empty replies from the server since Thursday morning.

When my favorite forums are down, I usually prepare myself for the worse.

:...:

SaraC

Sep 10, 2007
Well thank heavens its back online! I'm sure the mods or admins will give us an update when they're good and ready:happy:

CL™©®

"Sucker for Seifuku"
May 21, 2007
I never ran into any problems to that extreme.
I found it was down for a few hour last night but I figured it was for maintenance.

RahXephon

S.O.U.L. Project Owner
Sep 27, 2008
same here, and yesterday db error for all the time ..... ah, well, probably all the ones was in waiting for site re-up, and connected all together when it come up, LOL :)

waikeng

Apr 6, 2008

Just curious.

I encounter the same problem for a few days. I mean not that bad as totally can't logon tp this site. But after logon, when I goes to another forum or the next page, it just caught me by surprise ------- My users name just totally gone and a message pops up saying that I'm either not authorise to view that page or I've not login !:spit:

Then I have to login again. And the repeat of the same comes back with no apparent reasons. Really damn TL ! :spit:

But seems at this very point of time, things has resumed to normal.:relief:

Actually what has happened? So frustrating !

RahXephon

S.O.U.L. Project Owner
Sep 27, 2008
> waikeng:

no, not here ..... i just can't connect ..... page stay in "waiting for akiba-online" for some minutes, then i get only a blank page .....

but i have also a crap line, so when these things happens, i never know for sure if it's the server, or just my ISP that's drunk again (LOL)

chippy

Satyagrahi
Feb 10, 2008
Well considering I wasn't the only one experiencing problems, I'm assuming it was a problem near the server itself, rather than our individual ISPs. These things happen......and we all shudder at the thought of losing forever this wonderful community! :D

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
I experienced the same problem for a couple days myself and I have to say I'm thankfull it's over. Akiba is one of the few sites I check everything single day, me and Akiba are cool like that lol.

waikeng

Apr 6, 2008
> waikeng:

no, not here ..... i just can't connect ..... page stay in "waiting for akiba-online" for some minutes, then i get only a blank page .....

but i have also a crap line, so when these things happens, i never know for sure if it's the server, or just my ISP that's drunk again (LOL)

It does happens occassionally. I've experienced what you did too. But when I close it and on this site again, it works. Maybe could be due to "hot hours" that the server can't accomdate so many members logging in. Not forgetting that even those "UNREGISTERED" members also can go to this site when they use search engines.

I think Moderators and Administrators knows about this problem and they're in the process of doing something to it to improve the situation. Just be a bit patient la. :bow-pray:

RahXephon

S.O.U.L. Project Owner
Sep 27, 2008
It does happens occassionally. I've experienced what you did too. But when I close it and on this site again, it works. Maybe could be due to "hot hours" that the server can't accomdate so many members logging in. Not forgetting that even those "UNREGISTERED" members also can go to this site when they use search engines.

I think Moderators and Administrators knows about this problem and they're in the process of doing something to it to improve the situation. Just be a bit patient la. :bow-pray:

yes, i know ..... mine was not a complain :)

sorry if my post had the impression of a complain, just considerate my bad english knowledge, reading my posts :)

waikeng

Apr 6, 2008
yes, i know ..... mine was not a complain :)

sorry if my post had the impression of a complain, just considerate my bad english knowledge, reading my posts :)

I think you are far too sensitive boss ! I'm sure no one here will criticize your remarks, so you don't worry.

It could be my expression in replying your message is a bit of a commanding nature. Pls don't take into heart.:bow-pray: