ba56dee3-s.jpg

c424ab94-s.jpg

e854b9a9-s.jpg

9fa1ade2-s.jpg

1cefdf0f-s.jpg

ce775770-s.jpg

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
15 years? I guess it has been that long (or will be next year). I remember reading about her back then, even though I wasn’t really into idols and was totally unfamiliar with the concept of junior idols. Apparently her images were being used to ease tensions between Japan and China, which attracted the attention of the English-speaking world. Articles were published disapproving of what she was doing at her age (I thought she was attractive even back then, but I’m actually only a year older than her, so there wasn’t anything remotely weird about that by anyone’s standards).

Anyway, the point I’m trying to make: one of those articles I mentioned said that they hoped she would be okay and live a happy life (obviously they were implying she might be psychologically damaged and/or abused in some way as a result of posing in bikinis as a minor). Well, look at her now. Their concerns seem unwarranted.

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
I was there at the dawn of the third age.. oh wait wrong show.. I was there when Saaya appeared on the scene. It was during the magnificent era of Garo Aida, girls like Azusa Hibino robbing us guys of our ability to function in society. Yadda yadda, getting old now etc..

How little has changed since then! I am sure we can still find articles with that exact same diatribe regarding Instagram models. Oh how these poor things with their fame and fortune for simply having been born attractive, will SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN... :rolleyes:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

teetsheeps

Jun 30, 2019
Speaking of Saaya's nipples, this is the only time I've seen Saaya expose her nipple (just a liiiitle bit tho)

View attachment 1799639

Although that's not much, it's still always blown my mind. Saaya doesn't do the kind of gravure vids where actresses only cover their assets with tiny, super thin clothes. Everything she wears is pretty "safe". So being able to see part of her nip is incredible.

BTW, have you guys here seen Saaya expose her nip anywhere else?

this was mentioned by an old post at the first page of this thread:

https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/saaya-irie.973321/#post-1885190

for those who don't want to read ;) -

sy_ns01-gif.41043

ekop

Aug 31, 2008
https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2020/01/26/0013064916.shtml
「私は、卒業という感じのことは一度も言ってなくて、DVDがラストというだけで、グラビアの仕事もまだまだやっていきたい」
"Not even once I said statement that mean I graduate (from gravure), I only said it's my last DVD, I'm still want to do more gravure"
*not native English speaker but you know what I mean

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
So if not DVDs then she intends to just do photos/books? And presumably work towards a career on TV or in movies or something.

Reactions: azali201

sylove4e

Aug 29, 2010
hopefully if she continues to do magazine shoots, we can at least get the offshot footage that many of them come with. i assume she meant full blown IVs.

Reactions: azali201

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
It is estimated that Blu-ray will become more and DVD will disappear
In general, DVDs are dirt cheap and older productions, particularly for television, aren’t worth putting on Blu-Ray because it wouldn’t improve the picture quality. DVD has survived for close to 25 years, and for close to 15 since Blu-Ray was introduced. New idol videos, maybe, but I don’t think DVDs will “disappear.”

It’s also interesting to me how 4K Blu-Ray still doesn’t seem to have taken off.

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
There is still a market for physical media and Japan definitely has an affinity for it. But the push for digital only media is quite strong in the West, so we'll probably see a point where it will become harder to find physical copies of things, barring special collectors editions etc. And that's a shame, because they also push for DRM in their products (games, TV etc) which means an 'always online' thing becomes a requirement - and you no longer OWN that product, which I hate! Give me DRM free digital media or no sale from me. Will still buy physical media where possible, it's nice to have something on a shelf.

Reactions: desioner

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
Problem with 4k bluray is that the production costs are a lot higher. Stuff you wouldn't notice at 1080p becomes visible. Same as the transition from dvd to bluray.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Yes, on DVD almost anything smaller than a pixel could pass (which means even quite big stuff except for close-ups), on 2160p video you start immediately seeing pores, blemishes, patches of rough skin - just anything either indicating (even minor) health problems or just being unpleasant to look at. So we have a full-body makeup and a lot of post-production with cleaning up...

Worth it, but still it's crazy how better 12s would have been better than 18+s just because of how younger skin is healthier and simply, honestly "less used".

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
I also get the feeling that at some point, even people with world-record sharp vision will not be able to see any improvement.