Rei Kuromiya 黒宮れい

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
Every time I see BRATS a new music video I can only think how young and dumb you have to be to throw away a career in gravure that you excel in to make terrible music for a bunch of emo American teeny boppers and get 15k views a video over the course of a year. I can only imagine Rei's parents advising her to continue modeling but she wanted to be a rebel so bad she's almost 22 and nobody outside of ex-gravure fans and kids with pronouns on their Twitter profiles has any awareness of her music. Aya wasn't even good at modeling with Rei having taken all the good genes from her and she certainly isn't a singer. Contrast this to Tomoe Yamanaka who retired after modeling n the prime of her beauty and is now having fun at Hanshin Tiger games off of the money she made with gravure and having a smile on her face while doing it. Rei had the assets and personality to be big in gravure like Ai Shinozaki or Saaya or the Yamanakas but instead she wanted to be some sort of rebel who didn't listen when she was inevitably told her singing voice sounds terrible.

And now that nobody looks at her because her music sucks and inevitably she needs attention, having had it since she was a kid, she has to resort to playing the "woe is me, I am a victim" card to get sympathy views from anglo feminists on the internet.

Imagine going from the picture on the left to looking like a meth addict and thinking you made a right choice. Oh well.
You are fucking deluded, LOL!

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
It's harsh but there's some truth to what kawaii_emu says. She's a top-tier gravure idol but a third-rate singer at best. With that being said, as noted above gravure work doesn't pay amazingly and Rei's made herself into more of a brand so maybe she's on top of things.

Even though she's old and tattooed I still wanna see her in a t-back. If she's such a rebel, surely she can start an Onlyfans.

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
It's harsh but there's some truth to what kawaii_emu says. She's a top-tier gravure idol but a third-rate singer at best. With that being said, as noted above gravure work doesn't pay amazingly and Rei's made herself into more of a brand so maybe she's on top of things.

Even though she's old and tattooed I still wanna see her in a t-back. If she's such a rebel, surely she can start an Onlyfans.
Top tier young gravure idol, which basically means nothing since her appeal was always to a niche audience - she would not have been popular as a gravure idol at all if she had continued (possibly she would have been if she had picked the AV route) - people here are obviously die-hard fans of her and aren't very objective about things.

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
Singers don't have to be super talented now. They can use auto-tune if they really want to be that good, but in Japan it's always been the case that a lot of pop stars are popular because of who they are and their story, as much as any singing ability.

That's Japan for you. A lot of people are really good singers, they learn at school and practice at karaoke, so it's the joining a band and making a go of it that sets pop stars apart.

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
Wrong. Rei looked better at 16 that she did when she was 11. People who only liked her that young are a minority - most gravure fans like gilrs in their late teens and 20s. You honestly believe that Rei as she looks now wearing a bikini wouldn't sell? lol I mean now that she ruined her image with the biker wife look maybe not but had she remained in gravure and took care of herself she would have definitely sold. She was the most famous U-15 and was also the most famous over 15 not yet to reach 20. Participate in Japanese language discussion boards and you can see how Rei was set to be the next Saaya or Ai. She doesn't need huge knockers to reach that level, as Marina Nagasawa has shown.
not much of what you say is true, but there is no point in discussing this any further.

finalfantasy7

Akiba Citizen
Feb 22, 2007
She have two big tattoo in both arm so that's alone a big NO in gravure.
She go suicide mode when broke up her girlfriend Rie... both of them posting in twitter no smile depresive pictures.

Reactions: Mancinisos

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
@kawaii_emu you need to touch some grass stat. It only takes one of your posts to see that you're incredibly biased towards your own delusions, and are so patronizing as to assume that you have a better idea of what other people should do with their lives than they do themselves. Apparently, in your head, it is more important that Rei continues to be that prim and proper girl of old serving material for your fapping than it is for her to be doing whatever else she god damn prefers to do, like the independent grown person that she is now. This is incredibly self-centered and everytime you make a new post about it you're only exposing more of your mad selfishness. You have to be kidding to expect any symphathy for anything you're saying.

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
lol she's a gravure idol. She can do whatever she would like to do, but as a public figure people are allowed to make criticisms. I'm not putting a to her head and making her do anything. What is even the point of this forum anymore? The whole section is dead and outside of the JI section Scanlover does everything better and actually has discussion focus on the gravure aspect o gravure idols rather than getting all pissy if someone makes a critique and white knighting for a model that lives 3000 miles across the sea from them. Rei fell off a cliff so bad that the most discussion this thread has gotten in the past couple years is this screeching about my post.

This is like going on a soccer forum and crying that someone said "Player x was a great soccer player but they decided to go fuck around and make terrible art that looks like macaroni art from the first grade rather than keep playing soccer". Obviously people are there for soccer - not shitty art. I don't know about you people but I joined AO for gravure. Now with all the good posters like gokkunfan and desiorner, reiotaku etc mysteriously gone from the forum the same week of 2020 (take a look at their profiles - happened the same week their discord group got nuked), this place is pointless.

You are not being 'prosecuted' for having an opinion like you imply, you are being ridiculed for saying stupid things and not knowing normal boundaries for human behavior.

You are full on mental, and completely lack self awareness - I doubt it's the first time you've heard that, seriously get some help.

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
@CoolKevin I'd delete my account but the admins here won't even give users the courtesy to do that so go ahead and ban me lest I spam this dying forum with stupidity until that happens.

I was quite willing to let you rant away until you calmed down, I wanted to leave in the picture in about the Nazi and Jew, just to let the world know how pathetic it is, but it is over the top and the complaints was coming in, no one touched your posts except yourself, you edited your own posts,

Do what others and enjoy your favourite Idol/s, no need to put anyone down,

Now with all the good posters like gokkunfan and desiorner, reiotaku etc mysteriously gone from the forum the same week of 2020
that is wrong, one left long before that, one still visits, and one has not been seen for about 13 months, and for all different reasons, there are many reason why members come and go

but better for you, go into JAV and find a nice actress there, and exercise your penis and blow off some steam and relax

P.S
I will remove this post and a few others to give everyone a chance to catch up

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
She doesn't have to do anything she's not into. And she can complain about gravure idol if it affected her in a negative way.

There's criticizing the industry and then there's criticizing the fans. All the fans ever did was appreciate her beauty and dutifully show up to hear her screech into a mic at 10 when she wasn't very good at anything musical because they liked her gravure (and as she's still not that great at anything musical I bet those dutiful fans are still a significant portion of her audience now).

It's also worth noting that by no means was/is Imouto overall some sort of objectively abusive workplace according to all available evidence as multiple idols, including many who were around at the same time as Rei, still work(ed) with them as adults (or at least older than U15), including Anjyu, Asami, both Yamanakas, both Nishinos, and Rei's own sister Aya, among others. She's the only one with a serious complaint even in her own family (and it seems quite likely to me that she's exaggerating it to bolster the rock-and-roll angst of her background story for her image's sake).

And if it's her parents that she has an issue with, then again what do the fans have to do with it? How were we supposed to have any insight into her home life from pictures of her frolicking around in bikinis? (And also again, has Aya complained?)

Gratitude for the people who made you even if the circumstances weren't perfect usually benefits both of you. Immature young people like Rei could stand to learn that. If her face wasn't angelic and her ass didn't look tight in a bikini, she'd have no fanbase at all, musical or otherwise. Maybe she'd prefer that to not be the reality of the situation, but it is.

Now to be fair I haven't seen the original book so maybe she didn't attack her gravure fans specifically in which case I retract much of the above. But the fact is that Rei has sailed along her entire life on her beauty and erotic appeal towards easier opportunities that uglier girls or girls with more clothes on wouldn't have had. Maybe that's a hard truth, but it's a hard life. If she really doesn't want it the way she got it, then she can give it all up, but I'm not seeing her rushing to do that. So if she obviously wants it (as she clearly does) more than she dislikes the circumstances behind it, then some gratitude at least for the people who weren't behind the scenes causing her whatever issues she had would be best.

Last edited:

JinSun09

I Love Formula 1, I Love TWICE, and I Love REIRIE.
Jul 29, 2021
Happy Birthday Rei-Chan
Best of wishes to you on your special day.

Reactions: fenton

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
It sounds to me like Rei is basically the equivalent of a gaming bittervet. All that bitterness... but I guess it comes with those moody late teen years.

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
There's criticizing the industry and then there's criticizing the fans. All the fans ever did was appreciate her beauty and dutifully show up to hear her screech into a mic at 10 when she wasn't very good at anything musical because they liked her gravure (and as she's still not that great at anything musical I bet those dutiful fans are still a significant portion of her audience now).

This is why many Japanese idols end up quitting. The "fans" make it clear that they are only interested in her U15 body and once she grows out of it they will abandon her. They aren't interested in her as a person, or her other work.

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
This is why many Japanese idols end up quitting. The "fans" make it clear that they are only interested in her U15 body and once she grows out of it they will abandon her. They aren't interested in her as a person, or her other work.

Who do you think went to all of those early Brats shows if not her gravure fans? Plus plenty of people (like me) wanted to see her do post-U15 gravure. They were upset when she quit.

If you're so interested in her as a person, then tell us about her. What's her favorite movie? What's her favorite dessert? What's her favorite piece of clothing? Most people aren't even interested in actual musicians to that degree and just like their songs. You can't expect people to be your best friend just because they like the commodities you offer.

And if you're so interested in her musical work, then what's your favorite Brats song? Ladybaby? Favorite live performance? Favorite album? Favorite MV?

She's not entitled to have people like her music or care about her on a personal level just because they like her modeling and appearance. She posed, she got paid, she got publicity, and she converted it into a fanbase for mediocre music. At any point in this chain the choice to not use her gravure past to bolster her other endeavors was there, but she didn't take it, so she must not hate it too much. You only really hate something when you hate it so much that you won't even exploit it. Rei obviously isn't there with gravure or she would have used a different name.

Last edited:

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
There's criticizing the industry and then there's criticizing the fans.
This is a genuine question from me. Where or when did she criticise her gravure fans? I see some of you arguing that but it never comes with any quotes, screenshots or anything that supports that. Was it some lost tweet? Or in her book? I haven't read it or seen any specific pages or quotes from it.

Not that it would change my opinion on this matter but it would be nice to know.

Reactions: CoolKevin

st1402

May 3, 2011
This is a genuine question from me. Where or when did she criticise her gravure fans? I see some of you arguing that but it never comes with any quotes, screenshots or anything that supports that. Was it some lost tweet? Or in her book? I haven't read it or seen any specific pages or quotes from it.

Not that it would change my opinion on this matter but it would be nice to know.
While I haven't read the book and I'm not planning to, the times I've seen her talk about gravure in interviews and the one quote from the book I saw about gravure when it came out, the fans were never mentioned, all she said was that she just wasn't enjoying it and wanted to do something else with her life, but being under contract she continued until the contract expired.

I personally have no horse in the race since I wasn't that big a fan of hers to begin with, but the post that started everything was from this guy claiming she'd have been more successful and made more money had she kept doing gravure, that's why I responded to him that that was just not the case, she has her clothing line, her contact lenses line, her music (however questionable its quality might be), and there is no doubt that all this is making her more money than all the other girls from her generation that are still doing gravure, Anjyu, Ai and Asami are all still in it, all of them have part time jobs, if gravure was making them big money they wouldn't need those.