regarding download..

gradeAbra

Apr 27, 2008
Does anyone know howcome all of a sudden i can't donwload anything from Hotfile and RS? Its always fail...

nikegunit

Dec 3, 2008
should be more specific. is there an error message? no download slots? what browser you are using? Can't really help without full knowledge of the situation.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Check if your browser is blocking cookies. If you are using Firefox and extensions like AdBlock Plus or Greasemonkey, it may also be blocking scripts necessary to start the download. If that's the case, make sure you add exceptions for HF, RS, and any other filehosts you use.

Alternatively, you can use a separate filehost download manager such as JDownloader, which will automate the downloads for you.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
You don't want to disable cookies, you need to make sure that they're enabled. By default they are, so if you haven't changed any of the settings it should be OK. However, it's possible that Opera is blocking scripts (javascript) that HotFile and RS need in order to allow the file transfer. I can't give you any other information, but if you tried the download links in another browser (FF, IE, etc) and it works, then you know there is some incorrect setting in Opera.

Again, I would suggest trying JDownloader since it will automate downloading from all filehosts.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Is Jdownload easy to use?
Yes. Just copy the HF, RS, etc links and JDownloader will automatically download the files. See a video tutorial here:
Code:
http://vimeo.com/5773726

You can ignore the steps about adding "RS Premium account info" if you don't have one; JDownloader will still be able to download the files like normal.

Larecjv

Seriously Weird
Nov 2, 2007
I just downloaded the Jdownloader. When i paste my Hotfile links, it is not downloading why?

You have to press the "play" icon in order to start the dling. Another way is highlighting the links, rightclick and choose "continue".

gradeAbra

Apr 27, 2008
I did that but the download won't even start at all. Any other way to download beside Jdownloader?

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
If all else fails you can try to download using Internet Explorer, or another browser (Firefox, Safari, etc).

gradeAbra

Apr 27, 2008
If all else fails you can try to download using Internet Explorer, or another browser (Firefox, Safari, etc).

So what should i do with Firefox? Do i need to do anything about it? I am using firefox but it won't download at all.

Hotfile is getting unable to download for me. Anyone experience the same thing?