Problem opening avi. files from Rapidshare

yukiogawa

Aug 30, 2008
I'm having a problem opening the avi. files I download from Rapidshare.

When I download a series of avi. files, the first one opens OK, esp. with VLC. But the next ones refuse to open. VLC says "unrecognized format". And other players say I don't have the right codec (Gom) or that new software updates need to be installed, then can't find any (Realplayer).

But the first file is in exactly the same format and it opens and plays OK.

Am I doing something wrong, or are the other files damaged?

Any help is appreciated.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Ah, i suppose it's because it's a splitted file. You have to join all the files using hjsplit for example.

Kyo1982

May 30, 2008
Hi akuma2002, with regards to your reply above, how do i join all the files into a single file. I'm having the same problem as yukiogawa. What is hjsplit? Is it a software? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008

alcovaman

Feb 6, 2009
I think I am having this problem that is why I can't play the avi files. I downloaded the hjspilt software but couldn't detect the files.

Any step by step guides please?

alcovaman

Feb 6, 2009
I think I am having this problem that is why I can't play the avi files. I downloaded the hjspilt software but couldn't detect the files.

Any step by step guides please?

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
If hjsplit didn't recognize the files, it's maybe because the file wasn't splitted. So it's a surely a missing codec. Try downloading CCCP codec pack (at www.cccp-project.net), and tell us if it worked like that.

apagon001

Feb 22, 2009
I know 7-Zip

Some of movie separate by program 7-Zip and find this at Google search
get it and install in you hard disk

and program to open many kinds of movie k-lite-codec215 = klmcodec215.exe
search at Google this program good for every one and free share wear.I am Thai people