Poor video rendering on some videos

blowfish

Jun 29, 2008
I noticed that sometime a video looks "blocky" and lags. Its still viewable and plays fine otherwise. Just irritating. Is this a codec thing. I have loaded every codec possible and still seem to run into this on occasion. How likely is it that the original video is corrupted?

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
If the video lags, it's surely because your computer isn't powerful enough. Especially if the codec is H264, 720p.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
I dont think his hardware is the problem here sounds more like a corrupt video file.

Can you explain your problem in detail? It would be good to know your system specs, when the problem shows up(randomly or only a special video format like .mkv, .avi, .flv...), which codecs and player you're using.

Also having many codecs installed will mess up your system, CCCP and maybe CoreAvc for h264 is completely sufficient.

ssb82

Feb 13, 2008
It sounds like a corrupted file to me too. Does it get worse when you tried to scroll the search bar to skip into the middle of the film? If yes, that is definitely a corrupted file.

blowfish

Jun 29, 2008
Decription of problem: It happens mostly with H264 videos but not every one. The video plays without lagging. It does look mosaicy on certain colors. A kind of blocky look and the color in that area does not look natural. It happens in the same spots every time so I am inclined to think its on the video. The videos are still very watchable but annoying at the same time.

I do have a ton of codecs loaded for my WMPlayer classic. At one time or another, I need a new codec to play something.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Ah, maybe you checked "skip all deblocking" on your h264 codec options. If i do that, all my videos have blocks.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
Can you make a screenshot of a scene with the blocking issue and the filters tab(right click->Filters in MPC), maybe that already solves some mysteries.

blowfish

Jun 29, 2008
Ah, maybe you checked "skip all deblocking" on your h264 codec options. If i do that, all my videos have blocks.

That was the problem. Once I uncheck it the videos played fine. Thank you so much. I used to delete those videos thinking it was a bad copy.

:grassdance:
悪魔が王様になれる。

blowfish

Jun 29, 2008
Lol I guess I need to edit my last comment.

Wrote "悪魔が王様になれる。" thinking was was saying "Akuma is king". Akuma means devil so my translation actually says "the devil is king". LOL.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
Lol I guess I need to edit my last comment.

Wrote "悪魔が王様になれる。" thinking was was saying "Akuma is king". Akuma means devil so my translation actually says "the devil is king". LOL.

As long as you dont write "the devil is god" :XD:

ssb82

Feb 13, 2008
Oh my go... no wait...
That means I'm crying out to you all this time???:frozen:

clint999

Banned
Jun 5, 2008
If the video lags, it's surely because your computer isn't powerful enough. Especially if the codec is H264, 720p.